Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with layout & comments on general useability

Hi everybody,

I'm currently designing and maintaining a new online shopping site and I have a few problems and comments, here goes!

1. On the catalog pages I'm trying to get as many products as possible on the page by editing the 'ACT_ProductLineTable' template which I am using for the Default Product Layout. I've got the template right (I Think!) but when the page is generated the 2 dropdown selections ('colour' and 'size', Yes I'm trying to get a clothing site working -DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!) and the 'add to cart' button are stacked instead of in a straight line. I've checked the seperators when you doubleclick the CHOICE and they are all set to SPACE, if I edit the preview html in dreamweaver there are <br> tags in there which I don't want, they seem to be automatically generated(?), how do I remove them?

2. I tried using COMPONENTS to get permutations for the different colours and sizes, and created hidden products for stock control linking them together -all was going swimmingly until the order pages where it displays the 2 quantities, one for the product and one for the components! I found the edit to the script for displaying only one quantity, fine, but on the emails and invoicing the two quantities are still displayed, which will cause huge confusion to our customers. Can this be remedied or if we use Sagelink will sage sort the 2 quantites into 1 for invoicing? Still doesn't solve the email problem though?

3. I started the site in version 6.1.2 DDVA and upgraded to 6.1.4 DNNA, the site upgrade seemed to go fine. When I came to download some practise orders there was an error about scripts on the server being from the old version -I refreshed the site but the error still appeared. I had to delete the .pl files off the server manually using FTP and copy original perl files to my SITE1 folder and then refresh the site, this worked. Is this a known problem with the latest version?

Thanks,

Lee Owen
    Lee Owen
    Web Design | Illustration | 3D
    kcbdesign@tiscali.co.uk

Re 1:-

Look in the templates Act_VariantComponentName.html and Act_VariantAttributeName.html as these are probably the culprits.

Re 3:-

I saw that too re the scripts not being updated! Did you install the upgrade over an existing site? Or did you upgrade using some other route?

Norman

PS. If you're using Top2Toe to maintain your stock I have a program the builds the catalog from the T2T EPOS database.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman,

Thanks for your quick response, the templates you suggested were the culprits -so I've fixed those.
      Re 3: The site was NOT uploaded to the server when I updated to 6.1.4 -so I was suprised when the order download did not work when I uploaded the site for the first time, maybe the upgrade does not check the local 'SITE1' folder if the site has not been uploaded yet?
      Also, I've been to your website and saw your Matrix -which is ideal for a clothing website, have you got a version for 6.1.4? I'm very interested in purchasing it.
      Will the next version of Actinic have a Matrix function, and more clothing retail friendly functions, I wonder? The stock function needs to work from the individual permutations (essentially Actinic will create dummy products for stock checking, automatically, rather than having to create hundreds of hidden products manually)

Lee
      Lee Owen
      Web Design | Illustration | 3D
      kcbdesign@tiscali.co.uk

Comment

Also, I've been to your website and saw your Matrix -which is ideal for a clothing website, have you got a version for 6.1.4?
        Yes. Note that it requires all variations to be the same price and doesn't do stock control for each colour / size. If that fits in with what you need then contact me by e-mail.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I've checked the seperators when you doubleclick the CHOICE and they are all set to SPACE, if I edit the preview html in dreamweaver there are <br> tags in there which I don't want, they seem to be automatically generated(?), how do I remove them?
          Go to 'Design | Text' and click 'Go to' and go to prompt ID 2045. Try removing that <br> that you see in the field.

I got that info from the guide to 'Design | Text | Website | HTML' that is in the Advanced User Guide.
          all was going swimmingly until the order pages where it displays the 2 quantities, one for the product and one for the components!
          There is a fix for this in the knowledge base HERE.

Comment

Working...
          X