No announcement yet.

Next and Prev in sub-sections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I have had an idea and would appreciate opinion and guidance on it.

Using a posting in Actinic v6 Support and the AUG I have created 3 x Primary Template with Next Prev links. See Robert Charles example with the next link in the top right.

To create a second page (e.g. Robert Charles Page 2) I have created a new section containing sub-sections (each subsection contains 1 product). The new section is at the same level as the first in terms of structure.

The user is oblivious to this on the left hand nav as it is hard coded. Therefore they only see one link for Robert Charles.

However using the sitemap or breadcrumb trail it is possible for the user to click on By Designer. By doing so they can now see two section links for Robert Charles (page 1 and page 2). I only want them to see 1 section link (and then the next and previous links on that page to get to following pages).

Is it feasible for me to create a section link layout tempate which will make the second page invisible on the By by designer page?

This invisible section link layout would need to sit next to my "Centered image with text underneath".

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

Okay, I have used this post to implement a very basic next and previous page links to split up some of my large pages.

http://www.kjbeckett.com/acatalog/robertcharles.html

I have basically created new sections for instance
    Online Store > By Designer > Robert Charles and Online Store > By Designer > Robert Charles Page 2.

Not sub-sections which would look like Online Store > By Designer > Robert Charles and Online Store > By Designer > Robert Charles > Robert Charles Page 2.

I am trying to stop the new page section appear via other routes other than the next prev links.

My left hand nav is hardcoded so I dont need to worry about the page 2 appearing there but is there any way of stoping it from appearing dynamically in other pages. Mainly this page - which is the By Designer page. I want it to appear on the site through my next prev links only.

I hope this is clear.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Hi Paul,

Sorry but i don't understand the flow of your question? Is it right at the bottom? Do you want the previous to not appear in some of your section right? If this is the case, then if you put the following code in Act_Primary.html

HTML Code:
      <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
        <tr>
          <td><a href="NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_URL">NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_NAME</a></td>
          <td align="right"><a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_URL">NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_NAME</a></td>
        </tr>
      </table>
      Then you could simply save your Act_Primary.html and save it as Act_PrimaryNoPrevious.html and amend the code as follow:
      HTML Code:
      <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
        <tr>
          <td align="right"><a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_URL">NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_NAME</a></td>
        </tr>
      </table>
      This will just show the next section, without showing the previous. Apply this template to all section which you don't want the previous to show

Hope this helps

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem

Sorry not the clearest question I have ever submitted.

Basically it is the top bit above the stars.

I have a top level section called robert charles - and in order to have multiple pages I have created a second section called rpbert charles page 2. Then using the discussion below I have created Act_PrimaryNoPrevious etc to control which sections have the links.

However my By Designer page now contains Robert Charles and Robert Charles page 2 section links. See example here with robert charles logo and then another link next to it for the second page I only want it to display the first section link - and hide the second. Is there any way of hiding this section link?

At the moment all my section links use section link layout tempate : Centered image with text underneath (from the AUG).

I presume I need to create a new section link layout that hides the image and the text?

I hope this is clear?
        KJ Beckett
        Men's Clothing & Accessories
        Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
        Bath, England
        Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
        Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Hi Paul,

No worries

I presume I need to create a new section link layout that hides the image and the text?
          That it, you will need to do is that. You can have as many section link layout as you want for different types of sections.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
          X