• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script error

I have been using actinic for ages and recently upgraded to
    Ver 6.4. Since then i seem to get the error when adding to
    cart and checking out

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: ../acatalog/81Z134Z173Z159A1051265144B32209.session can not be locked during Session init!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

If i refresh the site this seems to go but comes back after a few days trading.

However we have noted that lots more customers are phoning with the order and web sales have gone down

Can anybody offer any help with this or could it be that our site is getting very busy recently

Thanks

Ian

I got the error in your store once when I tried clicking 'Cancel' on the first checkout page. It took ages to respond, and looked as if it is was waiting for a process to time out before giving the error message. I then tried again and it worked, and I never got the error again.

This means we are looking at a server or a Perl issue.

First of all, I would like to know who your store is hosted with. Secondly, could you go to 'Help | Troubleshooting' and click 'Compare Perl Scripts' in order to make sure you are using the Perl files you should be.

Comment

Hi,
      The store is hosted with easyspace.
      I will do as advised.

Many Thanks

Ian James

Comment

Have checked in help and it says pearl scripts not modified

Thanks

Comment

Hmmm.

I have no great advice really. You are going to need a member of the support team to analyse your space and see what might be causing the issue. You can register an email support request at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm.

Comment

Thanks.
            Somehow i got it sorted.
            Downloaded a new copy of Actiniv 6.4 (Not the upgrade)
            Backed up the site.
            Deleted the old copy installed the full version and imported my
            backup. Thought this would work but it did not.

Then i used the Wizard and changed the Cgi script from 1 to 2
            not having a clue what i was up to but thought that it may be
            that is placed the scipts in a new place.

Anyway this works but am no wiser.

Ps any tips on a good company to go to to have a site specially designed.

Thanks for trying to help i can see this is a busy forum to look after.

Comment

Glad it's working.
              Ps any tips on a good company to go to to have a site specially designed.
              I would call our sales team on 0845 129 4800 as they may have some suggestions.

Comment

We are experiencing exactly the same problem. Have been using 6.1.2 and patched to 6.1.4 yesterday to utilise the HSBC epayments and are finding the exact same error:

A General Script Error Occurred

Error: ../acatalog/217Z204Z202Z14A1071417239B22073.session can not be locked during Session init!
                Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

As an initial stance, we delted all *.session files as we found some over a day old. Indeed, in the past 6 hours we have over 1000 session files open.

As we run our own server, we know there have been no changes. Something has certainly happened by applying the 6.1.4 patch.

This seems to be a serios problem.

Comment

Hi there

According to Tracey at

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=5615

you will be able to downgrade to 6.1.2 and still install the PSPSetup.exe file to add HSBC into your list of PSPs.

Comment

hi chris,

with thanks to tracy and gordon, they have found the problem and produced a fix.

cheers,
                    mark

Comment

This thing has happened here too. We've just upgraded to 6.1.4 and now the site comes up with this error.

Then i used the Wizard and changed the Cgi script from 1 to 2
                      not having a clue what i was up to but thought that it may be
                      that is placed the scipts in a new place.

Anyway this works but am no wiser.
                      Which Wizard is this guy talking about?

Comment

I don't know about a wizard, but you can go to 'Advanced | Network Setup' and change the number in the 'CGI Script ID' field from '1' to '2'.

Hopefully that will do the job for you

Note that if you are uploading on one machine and downloading on another then you need to change the ID on both machines to '2'..

Comment

Working...
                        X