catalog.exe error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

catalog.exe error

I'm using the final version of Actinic Business 4.1 and having a major problem when Updating or Refreshing the site.

The program starts to 'check the catalog' and then after a couple of seconds gives me an error message - 'Catalog has caused an error in CATALOG.EXE. Catalog will now close'.

Then it terminates the programme.

I have two types of Actinic installed - Catalog and Business and before this happened I had upgraded the Catalog software to the final patch 4.1 off the Actinic site.

Since the error above I've downloaded the latest patch for Business and installed it but it still come up with the error.

Anyone experienced this before?

Ron

Are you using Windows XP?

If you are try right clicking the Catalog.exe file, select properties, choose 'Compatability Mode' tab along top of properties window and then choose to run this program as Windows 2000.

Just a thought.

Comment

Unfortunately I'm running ME on this particular PC.

It would'nt surprise me if it was that doing something.

Ron

Comment

Try going to 'Housekeeping | Compact Databases' in Actinic and see if that helps.

Also, if it is an element in your store causing the problem then you can try a process of elimination to track it down.

First of all, delete all your store (but don't purge!) by pressing 'Delete'. Then try uploading and see what happens. If it works, then try undeleting half of it and uploading. Then delete again, and undelete the other half. Continue using this process of elimination to find which sections work, and which ones don't.

Comment

Working...
        X