• Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with shipping

i have a query please.
    if anyone has a similar system please let me know

site
    custom-wizard

we sell bike parts all over the world, but we also sell catalogues.

one of the catalogues weighs 3KG so the delivery charge is different depending where it is going as it is sent by royal mail printed papers which is a cheap rate.

so i made a shipping class called "catalogues only" which has the set weights for the 5 catalogues(with a max of 3KG) we sell and works out according to the weight

the thing is lots of the parts we sell come under 3 KG but cannot be sent by printed papers, so the customers have a choice of Standard service, DHL etc....but becuase the item is under 3KG the catalogue option is still available to them and is set as default as it is the cheapest. Most of our customers see this and change accordingly but quite a few orders come though for bike parts but with catalogues only shipping, so we have to ring each customer(we ship worldwide) and explain shipping will sometimes be upto £20 more than they paid and what is on there reciept...

is there any way to stop this catalogue order class from coming up when its not a catalogue being ordered?

sorry if its hard to make sense of what ive written, its hard thinking about it aswell, if you take a look at the site you'll see what i mean

cheers

Phil

You can change the order of the shipping classes to alphabetical, which will give you much more control over the order of them.

The knowledge base article for this is HERE.

Comment

Cheers for that crhis...
      but i accidentaly posted this in the wrong forum..
      im running version 5 of actinic..
      is this still an option with version 5?

thanks

Phil

Comment

For v5 you need to open ShippingTemplate.pl and locate:
        Code:
        @::s_arrSortedShippingHashes = sort{$$a{Cost} <=> $$b{Cost}} @arrShippingHashes;
        replace this with
        Code:
        @::s_arrSortedShippingHashes = sort{$$a{ShippingLabel} <=> $$b{ShippingLabel}} @arrShippingHashes;
        for ascending alphabetical or
        Code:
        @::s_arrSortedShippingHashes = sort{$$b{ShippingLabel} <=> $$a{ShippingLabel}} @arrShippingHashes;
        for descending.

Comment

Working...
        X