Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inserting The Top-Level Section in Large Font, With the Sub-Sections Listed Underneat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that requiring customers to load about 150kb (your data + the menu code) is a HUGE overhead.

However making page names shorter will only help a little as the URL file contains very long bits of text apart from the page name bits. They're in Site1 - have a look at them in a text editor and you'll see.

As to the JavaScript section list. I've never used it. I think you could make it generate 2 columns but I'm not the one who's going to do it. Sorry.

Also it seems to use NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTREE_RAW which I think is an even bigger file than the 2 sub-files that NorCascade uses.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Jonathon,
      What version of actinic are you using? I cannot believe how different it looks and all the features, the checkout procedure, etc.
      I notice its running on asp, didn't think this was possible.

Please fill me in, I'm baffled
      cheers

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by BSO
        Jonathon,
        What version of actinic are you using? I cannot believe how different it looks and all the features, the checkout procedure, etc.
        I notice its running on asp, didn't think this was possible.

Please fill me in, I'm baffled
        cheers

Simon
        Simon,

I gave www.mcmaster.com as an example of how I would like my index page to look like. That is not my site, that company has over 410,000 items. We carry that many items as well, but only about 10,000 items geared at a specific market will be available online through our site. Sorry for the confusion.

Jonathan

Comment

Working...
        X