NorCascade and Netscape problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NorCascade and Netscape problem

I am running into a slight problem with NorCascade and Netscape 4.76. For some reason, I cannot get the text to appear properly on the menus. All that shows up is an empty box. The links do what they should, there is just no text in them. I am guessing this is because of Netscape's problems with css. Is there a way to fix this?

This is Explorer

This is Netscape

This should fix that problem:-

Code:
    Also in Act_Primary.html change the line (it's near the top)

<Actinic:BASEHREF VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:BASEHREF"/>

to read

<Actinic:BASEHREF VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:BASEHREF"/></Actinic:BASEHREF>

Some versions of Actinic also have a line in Act_Primary.html

<Actinic:COOKIECHECK/>

if you find it - change this to read   

<Actinic:COOKIECHECK/></Actinic:COOKIECHECK/>

The above fixes a bug with Netscape 4 browsers where the text within the menus is invisible.
    That's the fix. Now if anyone knows WHY that fixes it (and why the text is invisible in the first place) I'd love to know.

I'm updating the download and readmes right now to include this.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

You know, I remember seeing that in NorTree when I was trying that out, but I never bothered trying it with NorCascade.

Netscape can be very picky about tags not being closed. One time I created a table inside one of the templates and it would not display in Netscape because I forgot the <tr> tag. Looked fine in every other browser though.

Comment

While your adding the bits above in Act_Primary.html (also perhaps Act_BrochurePrimary.html) could you also remove the "rouxel@attglobal.net" fragment and replace it with "www.drillpine.biz" as this will help reduce the deluge of Spam and Virii I'm getting.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

No problem

Comment

Working...
          X