Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP - V6.1.4 slow upload & freezes software - HELP

Hi,

I have just updated a client’s site to Catalog 6.1.4 using a snapshot they provided (6.1.3). I did this by importing it into my 6.1.3 software and then updating it using the patch.

act_order01 and 02 needed to be manually updated but apart from that it there were no issues.

When I do a site refresh the upload is painfully slow with the application occasionally not responding and then coming back to life. Some uploads have taken as long as 2 hours on ADSL and then died right at the end. Having transferred the new site snapshot back to the client (who also upgraded to 6.1.4) they are experiencing the same problems. They are also reporting some content changes are not all uploading.

I have also tried to do a site refresh on another clients site and the same problems are occurring.

Any ideas?

Not sure it is my software install or PC as the client is also experiencing the same problem. I also don't think that the site is to blame as another client's site that was previously ok is now reporting the same issue....

Angi
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Are you doing an 'Update' or a 'Refresh'? You really need to do a 'Web | Refresh Website' after an upgrade as this will re-upload all the latest files to the web - ensuring every file is running the latest version.

See if you can get the refresh to complete from your PC, and then see if just day-to-day updates take any longer than on 6.1.3.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Sorry got me lingo in a twist - I did mean 'Web | Refresh Website'

Actinic is still hanging and then coming back to life. Is there any problems with 6.1.4 reported?

Angi
      skatewarehouse.co.uk
      progrow.co.uk
      cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

There are no problems with the upload reported in 6.1.4.

I'm wondering if the problem is that your site is having permissions issues that mean that Actinic is having difficulty uploading and overwriting the Perl files.

The only way to know for sure is having someone upload a test store to one of your sites. Could I ask you to register an email support request at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and the email support team will be able to do the necessary research.

Comment

Also, try selecting 'Use Passive FTP Transfer' in 'Advanced | Network Setup' and see if that makes Actinic more responsive.

Comment

I have found that running a streaming application, like RealPlayer listening to an online radio station, seems to allow the upload to work with far fewer failures!
            Jon - WBC

Comment

Actinic upload / refresh not responding

this is exactly the same problem I am experiencing. I have been able to upload about twice in the past month but other than that system hangs with actinic not responding and my pc hangs until I end the task.

I have made sure all the files are NOT read only and have checked permissions on my website directories.

Has there been a solution to this yet? I have installed the most recent patch.

Thanks

Susan

Comment

Did you try ensuring 'Use Passive FTP Transfer' in 'Advanced | Network Setup' is enabled as Chris suggested? This is behind most cases of the system hanging mid-ftp.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

yes I tried it and at first it seemed to go through, until it came to the catalog files and it stopped responding. Now it wont go past this.

Comment

Hi Angi,
                    I have spent the better (or worse) part of 25 years dealing with computers. I would ask you (and Susan) first what version of Windoze that you have: Win2K, 98, XP, etc. It is really important that you specify your OS, as it is possible that your problem is related to your OS rather than your application.

JIm

Comment

HI Norio

I'm running w2k with sp4

Susan

Comment

Hello,

Im running windows xp, if that helps.
                        skatewarehouse.co.uk
                        progrow.co.uk
                        cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Yep, WIN 2k latest service pack - I get slow upload and very slow order download since upgrading to 6.1.4. however, I also changed provider at that point (to FASTHOSTS) so don't know which is the problematical area.

It *seems* that the connection is forgetting its on, then remembering again. I agree that using other web apps at the same time seems to negate these problems!!!!! odd.
                          Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
                          www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

2 march 04 - fasthosts connection issues

If anyone is getting upload problems with FASTHOSTS, it seems they are experiencing problems at present. I am getting cosntsnt time outs , file not found, logon filure etc uploading my site. its a smallish site and its taking HOURS. I have had nothing but headaches since switching to FASTHOSTS and wish I never had. Should have listened to the advice in this forum, eh?
                            Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
                            www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

My host is xcalibre. Another thought though. What processor are the people using who are having these problems. Mine is an athlon xp2500+. Is anyone else using AMD processors or is anyone having the problem using intel processors?

Susan

Comment

Working...
                              X