Act_Primary NETQUOTEVARS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Act_Primary NETQUOTEVARS

I'm trying to 'intelligently' populate the Title tag of a client's site by inserting a useful couple of NETQUOTEVARS into the title tag

The defaults are PAGETITLE and PAGEHEADER

I have 3 sections in the store

Section 1 : Top Level
    Sub Section 2 : Designer
    Sub Sub Section 3 : Options

I want to be able to, when viewing say an 'Options' page to have the title tag read

PAGETITLE : Designer(sub section2) : PAGEHEADER

Is there a NETQUOTEVAR that I can use in Act_Primary that will allow me to specify the section ABOVE that which I'm currently in?

I have tried NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP without success

Any ideas?

Jos
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Are you using the parent section links at all? - the ones that go 'Online Catalogue > Parent Section > Sub Section'.

If you aren't, the you can edit the Act_ParentSectionsLink.html, Act_ParentSectionsThis.html and Act_ParentSectionsSeparator.html to just be plain text, and then use NETQUOTEVAR:PARENTSECTIONSTOP in the <title> tags.

Otherwise, there is not a handy variable for 'containing section'.

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for your help

Unfortunately we are using the parent section links as a breadcrumb trail.
      I notice that there is a NETQUOTEVAR:PARENTSECTIONSTOP and also one for 'PARENTSECTIONSBOTTOM'

Is there any difference between these 2?

I could repeat PARENTSECTIONSTOP in 2 places on the page to get the listing top and bottom of the page and this would leave me with 'PARENTSECTIONSBOTTOM' to play with elsewhere (in the title tag)

Would that work?

Jos
      Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
      www.internetology.co.uk
      Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Is there any difference between these 2?
        One inserts the breadcrumb trail at the top of the page, whilst one inserts it at the bottom. Trouble is, they use the same templates and unless you want oodles of HTML code in your page titles, that is not going to work.

All I can suggest is for the 'Designer(sub section2)' value you use a custom property that you can supply a value for on a section by section basis by entering the parent section name into the 'Properties' tab. This value is inherited down the content tree, so you might be able to enter it once in the 'Designer' section, and have all the sub-sections automatically use that value.

Comment

Working...
        X