Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Have Delivery Charge Problem

Hi Everybody,
    I hope somebody can help I'm still stuck. I need to set up a different delivery charge for about 12 to 14 local cities under Canada Ontario, so when they select Canada they then select a city on the right. We have one flat rate for the U.S.

I set up sub districts under Ontario, put them in their tax zones Default shipping was the only thing that worked.. This works fine until you need to change the charge to one of the cities. It changes them all. Anybody have any ideas? I’m I doing some wrong? I’m using (Actinic Developer).

Regards,
    Randy

In 'Business Settings | Tax', you need to create 12 to 14 different tax zones, each with a different tax charge, and then put each separate sub-district (city) in each one.

Comment

Hi Chris,

First I want to thank you for your help. Here is what I have so far.

I have all my cities under Ontario as sub districts.

Enough cities had the same delivery charged so I made 3 tax zones.

Delivery Area 1 – Delivery Area 2 & Delivery Area 3.

Delivery 1 - will have a $8.00 shipping / delivery charge
      Delivery 2 - will have a $12.00 shipping / delivery charge
      Delivery 3 - will have a $15.00 shipping / delivery charge

One flat fee of $15.00 for the U.S.

Where I’m stuck is I need to get these groups to show up under Shipping bands by zone so I can add their default charge to each one. Can a default charge be used this way? Somehow I think I’m missing something.

Regards,
      Randy

Comment

Delivery Charge

Hi Chris,
        If you still need help are you suppose to hit reply or post a new thread? Sorry if I sent again.

First I want to thank you for your help. Here is what I have so far.

I have all my cities under Ontario as sub districts.

Delivery Area 1 – Delivery Area 2 & Delivery Area 3.

Delivery 1 - will have a $8.00 shipping / delivery charge
        Delivery 2 - will have a $12.00 shipping / delivery charge
        Delivery 3 - will have a $15.00 shipping / delivery charge

One flat fee of $15.00 for the U.S.

Where I’m stuck is I need to get these groups to show up under Shipping bands by zone so I can add their default charge to each one. Can a default charge be used this way? Somehow I think I’m missing something.

Regards,
        Randy

Comment

I'm afraid this makes no sense. Are you looking to charge different tax or different shipping.

You need different shipping for different cities. I've just seen that you cannot create sub-districts for shipping, only for tax. In fact, sub-districts are going to be no use to you here. Sorry for giving you the wrong information. I do so many of these postings I sometimes switch into automatic pilot.

What you are going to have to do is go to 'Advanced | Locations' and create new states rather than sub-districts. In fact, you can get rid of the sub-districts. Create new states called 'Ontario - City 1', 'Ontario - City 2' etc until you have put in an entry for each city.

The go to 'Business Settings | Shipping and Handling' and change the calculation basis to 'By Quantity'. Right click in the white rectangle and select 'New Zone'. Give it a name of 'Delivery 1' (or whatever) and put 'Ontario - City 1' within it.

Then right-click on your new zone and select 'Add Class | Standard Charge'. In the grid, click '+' to add a new row and enter

Quantity | Cost
          1 | $8.00

Set excess to 'take the highest value in the table'.

Now do the same for your other delivery zones.

Comment

Working...
          X