Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ship to address

Hi there

Just a couple of queries re shipping options.

Is it possible to have seperate shipping conditions depending on which section a product is from.

I am selling some products that I only have the rights to ship in the UK, other products I have no restrictions and I want to be able to ship in Europe. Can I set this functionality up?

Re only shipping in the UK. I want to remove the drop down option of countries, I know I could delete it from the code or <!-- --> it, but is there an on/off option for this elsewhere.

Thanks
    Steven

Hi there

I'm afraid it is not possible to limit certain products to certain countries.

All you can do maybe is give your limited products a very large weight. Then set up your shipping tables for the UK to be able to handle heavy orders, and change your shipping tables for Europe to put massive shipping charges on heavy orders.

With regards to removing the drop-down list of countries, you need this to appear in the checkout in order for customers to specify they are from the UK in the first place. Otherwise you have no idea where your customers are from.

Comment

Hi Chris

Thanks for that. I was also thinking that it would get messy if a customer wanted to buy products from both sections at one time. Alas, I will have to sell UK only, until such time conditions permit.

Re the table, if I specify that I only ship within the UK, can I then remove the drop down list, and pre populate actinic with UK. From the user point of view, to say I only ship in the UK but give a world wide option, it could create confusion.

Thanks
      Steven

Comment

Working...
      X