Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nav bar

Hi

I think this is a topic that comes up a lot but....

I am trying to set up the nav bar so that it is the same throughout my store.

I have played in Design - Options - Navigation and removed some buttons and put in my own description and images but... when i press the buttons, it takes me to the original links. I changed Site Map to Contact but when i click on Contact, I go to the Site Map.

Also, i notice that the navigation bar changes as you go through the store. On the store section page, it has one thing, but when you go into a section it has other options. In the above example, the Site Map option is removed within a section but it is availble at the top level store section page (where all sections are displayed). Hmm, think that makes sence.

So, how can I set up links to other pages, and how can i have the same options on all nav bars throughout.

I know that I could hard code each section, but am hopeing that Actinic allows this consistency.

Cheers

Steven

You don't have to hard-code each section, but you will need to manually create your own navigation bar within the overall layout template (usually called 'Act_Primary.html'). This is the file that creates the content that goes around the bulk area of the page.

Within this file, you can replace NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTERGUIDE (or maybe NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE depending on what theme you are using) with your own custom content.

If you want to create your own custom 'view basket' buttons or 'checkout' buttons that link to the correct page, then there are variables to do this in the Advanced User Guide on p18.

Comment

Working...
    X