Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links to products

Hi

I'm trying to add special offers to the home page of my site and also link from other websites into these special offers within the catalog. Does anyone know how to identify the url for each product?

Thanks Stuart

Stuart,

You can go straight to any product in your catalog by using the link format below:

http://your.URL/cgi-bin/ss00000x.pl?...2345&NOLOGIN=1

change 'your.URL' to your website address
    change the 'x' in 'ss00000x.pl' to the CGI ID number (in network setup)
    change '1234' in 'prodref' to the product reference (double click the product, top left)
    ''&NOLOGIN=1' bypasses the login page, if any.

Lee
    Lee Owen
    Web Design | Illustration | 3D
    kcbdesign@tiscali.co.uk

Comment

Blimey!

That was a quick response I'll give it a go thanks.

Stu8

Comment

Linking Products

Lee,

I'm thinking of linking from one product to another product as there is a good chance if they order broduct A, the customer will also order product B, so I have a question to ask.

1) If you want to link from one product to another you put the link inside the from product description - correct?

2) Where in your link does the "to" 'prodref' go since I don't see prodref in the link:

http://your.URL/cgi-bin/ss00000x.pl...5&NOLOGIN=1

change 'your.URL' to your website address
        change the 'x' in 'ss00000x.pl' to the CGI ID number (in network setup)
        change '1234' in 'prodref' to the product reference (double click the product, top left)
        ''&NOLOGIN=1' bypasses the login page, if any.

Thanks,
        Doug

Comment

Doug,

If you hover your mouse pointer over my original link, in IE at the bottom left of its window is the full link (it was shortened on the forum page!) or right click on it, copy link, and paste it into notepad you will see it in full. If you want to add it into the product description use:

!!<<A HREF='http://your.url/cgi-bin/ss00000x.pl?PRODREF=12345&NOLOGIN=1'>LINK TEXT</A>>!!

Change the bits as my previous posting, but also change 'LINK TEXT' to the text you want as the link in the description. You can add any HTML in descriptions using '!!<' before the HTML and '>!!' after.
          Lee Owen
          Web Design | Illustration | 3D
          kcbdesign@tiscali.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the tip.

Thanks Lee,
            It works nicely. It's the only way I can think of up-selling to another item. If I go the component route, the quantity of the component has to be the same as the product, and that won't always work for the customer.

It would really be great if one could bring up a pop up window and be able to order another product from that window.

Doug

Comment

Working...
            X