Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Woes - Help!

Hi we are a Scottish Jazz record label.
    We have just set up a mail order sale and changed our shipping costs for ther sale and printed up all the order forms before realising what we have done is potentially not doable in Actinic Catalogue v6......( we are new to actinic so I guess you live and learn...)

I need to set different settings in different geographical areas.
    For Non Uk EU and Outside EU it fine to do it by weight as it is £3 for first item and £1.50 for subsequent items etc.

For UK we want to charge £2 flat rate for orders under £20.
    We have all items set to 1kg to calculate by the weight route but they all have different prices so weight wont work to give us free over £20 and you dont seem to be able to set shipping differently for different geographical areas.

Is there a smart way I can do this?

2) ?Bug Report:
    In the Shipping section when you set the excess section when calculating by weight as in increase by increments of £X for each Ykg. If you set it to £1.50 each time you go back to that geographical area it takes 1p of the amount in that field. Also you cant seem to delete lines from the weight band window once they are there.

Any help appreciated

Tom Bancroft
    www.cabermusic.com

We have all items set to 1kg to calculate by the weight route but they all have different prices so weight wont work to give us free over £20 and you dont seem to be able to set shipping differently for different geographical areas.
    Hmmm....

You are right in that you cannot have different calculation bases for different zones.

You can use the 'Free Over' box to charge no shipping charge on orders over £20.00, but it would apply to all geographical areas, rather than just the UK.

You could also use the 'View Discounts' area to put a £2.00 discount on all orders over £20.00. But then, EU customers would also get this discount. This would get you closer to where you want to be though.

Comment

Also, to delete a row from the grid, simply right-click and select 'Delete Row'.

I have not been able to reproduce your increment error. What version of the software are you using (in Help | About)? Also, you can export your shipping tables (by going to 'File | Export') and attach them to this forum in order for use to look.

Comment

i also get this increment error which deletes 1p every time i look at the shipping & handling tab in actinic. I am using v6.1.3.0.0.0.DHBA

I also used to get this on v4.1.1

Is this a know bug?

Angie

Comment

This has been seen in databases that have upgraded from v4. I seem to recall that the solution is a tweak to the database, but I don't know the details.

I recommend you register an email support query at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and the team will get back to you, request your snapshot and sort it out.

Comment

Working...
          X