Nearly Ready to go Live.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly Ready to go Live.

Over the last 10 days i have created my new site from scratch with the help of people in this forum, i do how ever have one or two final adjustments before i launch the advertising campaign.

1.) On doing test transactions i have noticed you have to put in a valid credit card numer, you cannot just make one up.. This is superb but i just need to make sure that a) it will not refuse a vaild card by mistake and b) that the website doesnt automatically charge my card or i'll be facing a huge huge bill at the end of the month!!

2.) Is there a way to remove all the About us / making a purchase text that is on the bottom of every shopping cart page (invoice details etc).

3.) I plan on running the business from 2 computers in the same office, what would be the best way of setting these up in terms of do we both get design access, both get orders access etc, any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to take a look at the site www.xcopyproducts.co.uk but please do not order anything as there is no SSL yet (setting up later tonight) and some of the products are not available yet!!

Many Thanks

Re: Nearly Ready to go Live.

Originally posted by DBurrows
    1.) On doing test transactions i have noticed you have to put in a valid credit card numer, you cannot just make one up..
    Well, you can if it's potentially a valid card number (Eg: a VISA, 4111111111111111 usually works).

This is superb but i just need to make sure that a) it will not refuse a vaild card by mistake
    This won't happen.

and b) that the website doesnt automatically charge my card or i'll be facing a huge huge bill at the end of the month!!
    Unless you're using a third-party PSP (such as WorldPay, SecPay, etc, which you're not) and they've already given you "Live" status (which they probably wouldn't have) and you've started using your "Live" account - this won't happen.

2.) Is there a way to remove all the About us / making a purchase text that is on the bottom of every shopping cart page (invoice details etc).
    There should be four templates named Act_Order0<x>.html in your site folder (where <x> is a number from 1 to 4). Find the following in each of those:

NETQUOTEVAR:INFOPANELS

and either comment it out <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:INFOPANELS --> or remove it.

3.) I plan on running the business from 2 computers in the same office, what would be the best way of setting these up in terms of do we both get design access, both get orders access etc, any advice here would be greatly appreciated.
    Without knowing what the general purpose of each computer is, and who will be using them, it's difficult to say. I'd probably want one to do orders and the other to do design/network setup if it was me. Catalog maintenance... both? I dunno.

Comment

I would like both PCs to be able to do everything, is this possible and will the keep sycronised with each other?

Comment

Not being funny but it looks a lot like www.overclockers.co.uk

You should be careful of copyright issues. Your colour scheme is the same, your layout is the same, you even have the same images for your products.

If I was running overclockers I wouldn't be too happy...
        Tim Brown

Comment

Actinic only works on a single machine - there is an option to have one machine for catalog maintenance and one for order processing but other than that it is one machine only.

We are working on a networked version of our One Stop Order Processing product, this should be available later this year.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I can see the similarities yes, i was unaware of this site so thankyou for pointing it out to me, the images were sent from our distribution, i will source my own tomorrow.

I would settle for having 2 pcs, one for catalog and one for ordering, can you point me to a guide for this please?

Many thanks

Comment

Search for 'Separating maintenance from order processing' in the Actinic help.

There is no need to source different images - if the manufacturer supplies them, then use them.

I would suspect that maybe you and overclockers got advice from the same reseller or maybe used the same theme. The sites are similar that is true but not the same, you have the same product template on the front page and the same side bars type thingys, maybe marci could comment to clear this up.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Well, I ain't overclockers.co.uk, I'm over-clock.co.uk.... separate companies.

BUT, yes it does look as tho parts of the code have been duped off their site, and they will likely take action should they realise this if it's the case... same goes for any images from their site...
                Cheers!
                Marci - <a href="http://www.Over-Clock.co.uk" target="_blank">www.Over-Clock.co.uk</a>

Comment

I have spoken to my designer this morning and he has admitted using OCuk as a reference site, needless to say he will be changeing that today.

Please take this as an apology to anyone concerned.

Comment

Hope I haven't caused you any problems.

You should be ok with your images if they come direct from a supplier. As long as the supplier gives you permission then it's fine.

I wouldn't worry about your layout being the same as overclockers just the colour scheme.

Let us know what you come up with...
                    Tim Brown

Comment

Working...
                    X