Cust Accounts + Discounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cust Accounts + Discounts

Hi everyone. A few questions here regarding customer accounts and discounts and Act Bus 6.
    1. How and when is a user given a login name and password when they ‘register’ with the site? Is this something done manually by the user or an admin person?
    2. when a person ‘registers’ is there a way to turn the shipping off for that product, as they will get charged?
    3. With customer accounts, at the login page, is there a way for the user to retrieve their login details if they have forgotten them? i.e. enter their email address. If so how?
    4. is it possible to set up ‘time-sensative’ discounts? E.g. they have 5 days to receive a 15% discount after that it goes down to 7.5% and so on?

Hope I’m not asking too much here but they are very important issues.
    Thanks
    Dan

1. How and when is a user given a login name and password when they ‘register’ with the site? Is this something done manually by the user or an admin person?
    They are created manually in 'View | Customer Accounts'. There is not a 'registration' feature on the web site, but you can set up a dummy registration product that customers purchase - and then you can turn the order into a customer account.
    2. when a person ‘registers’ is there a way to turn the shipping off for that product, as they will get charged?
    If you are charging shipping by weight then you can give the dummy product zero weight and then set up a free shipping band for orders with zero weight.
    3. With customer accounts, at the login page, is there a way for the user to retrieve their login details if they have forgotten them? i.e. enter their email address. If so how?
    No, there isn't. There's a 'Send Password' button in the 'Buyers' tab, but the customer will need to send you an email to request their password.
    4. is it possible to set up ‘time-sensative’ discounts? E.g. they have 5 days to receive a 15% discount after that it goes down to 7.5% and so on?
    This is not possible in the current version. It should be soon though (later this year).

Comment

I have the shipping set up by weight. I asume it's only possible to have one type of shipping throughout the catalogue. So is there another way or is this is?
      thanks
      Dan

Comment

If you are shipping by weight, then then you can create multiple shipping methods (classes) within multiple geographical zones, but they all have to be based on weight.

This will not be changing this year.

Comment

Sorry i should check what i'm doing before opening my mouth. I am actually shipping my Quantity (doh!) and NOT by weight!

Comment

Working...
          X