Home/Index Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home/Index Page

OK so I've edited my Act_BrochurePrimary page so that this will act as my home page.

I'm using Norcascade for my menu links. I'm currently working offline. When I select my links they go to a 'can't be found' page. Firstly what do I need to do in order to make sure these work?

If I want this to be my home page, then is it a case of renaming this file index.html? Where should I save this? and can I only see this working using index.html when I've loaded everything online. If this is the case, then do I need to do anything different to my Norcasde menu in order for the links to work?

Thanks

Re making Brochure home page your sites home page:-

Click the House Icon at the top of your product tree. If you set the Page Filename to index.html and check Use as Website Home Page then that's all you need to do. In fact these are the defaults.

Re NorCascade:-

NorCascade should detect that you're Previewing pages and adjust the generated links to work OK offline.

So I don't know what's going wrong.

One slight possibility is that if you Generate, Update or Refresh your site then the Actinic generated Act_section_tree_URLs.js file gets rewritten with links that are appropriate to the live site.

If you now go into PreviewHTML (without running the Actinic Preview command) and open one of the HTML files there then you will be using the live-site script and this may give you 404 errors if there's no live site online.

To avoid this just do a fresh Preview command in Actinic.

Norman

PS. I updated NorCascade only a day or so ago. I'd recommend that you get that version as it has some neat new features. See www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X