Background Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background Image

How can I put an image behind the section buttons on the menu page?

With a border on the left, I'd like to keep it and have a picture in the center of the portion on the site.

Also, is it possible to add overall section descriptions to the top of particular pages, which overview the products on that page?

Thank-you !

So you want to keep the sidebar, and put an image behind the main list of sections on the front page of your store?

You need to customise the layout templates of your store to do this. There is a guide to doing this HERE.

In short, you need to create a custom overall layout template that is just used for the front page of your store.

To do this, go to 'Design | Options | Layout' and click 'Edit' next to the 'Default Overall Layout' field. Save this template as 'Act_PrimaryFrontPage.html' and add your background image into the <table> tags just above NETQUOTEVAR:FORMBEGIN. Save your changes and then specify this template in the 'Front Page Layout' field in 'Design | Options | Layouts'.

Also, is it possible to add overall section descriptions to the top of particular pages, which overview the products on that page?
    Create a product at the top of the section and use the 'Description only, useful for inserting messages' template to lay it out ('Product Layout' field in the 'General' tab).

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken

Create a product at the top of the section and use the 'Description only, useful for inserting messages' template to lay it out ('Product Layout' field in the 'General' tab).
      I am trying to put information on a section page that has got sub setions but no products on the page. I have tried doing it as said above, however as soon as I add a new product, it goes to the bottom of my section. I can not move it, and when I preview the page my sub sections are listed both above and below the product (message). I then tried putting the message on as a sub section, but then I have a link page that goes nowhere. Is there another way to do this?

Thanks!

Comment

DESIGN > OPTIONS > DEFAULT ARRANGEMENT .....

Placement of section lists make bottom then the sections will only appear under the fragment
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
        X