Need more space in shippng message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need more space in shippng message

In the shipping message area of Business Settings / shipping & handling. I need to have more room to put a larger description of my shipping types. Catalog only allows me 120 characters. can I extend this to 240 or more??

David
    David

There are several ways:-

1) You can just hard-code the text into Act_Order01.html (in your Site1 folder). Look for the line

NETQUOTEVAR:SHIPMESSAGE

Which displays the text in Business Settings / shipping & handling. Just add your own text either side of this to suit.

2) You can create a Custom Property containing the extra text and display it before / after the usual shipping message.

E.g. Create Custom Property EXTRASHIPINFO ( Advanced / Custom Properties).
    Edit Act_Order01.html. Amend the line

NETQUOTEVAR:SHIPMESSAGE

To be

NETQUOTEVAR:SHIPMESSAGE CUSTOMVAR:EXTRASHIPINFO

Now in Design / Options / Site Defaults you can click the "+" sign, choose EXTRASHIPINFO and set its value to what message you want. (if using Business uncheck Searchable and check Use as CUSTOMVAR)

If you need even more text than will fit just create and add another Custom Property.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

tried part 2 but did nort see any + sign

I am ruung catalog latest version 5 untill 7 comes out

I have hard coded

thanks Norman
      David

Comment

Norman

How can I put a notice to shoppers advising them in their early check out stages that shipping is free if they spend over £50 ?

may be in the veiw cart or first checkout screen

David
        David

Comment

Place your message right underneath NETQUOTEVAR:BODY in Act_ShoppingCart.html and underneath NETQUOTEVAR:THEORDERDETAILS in Act_Order00.html.

Comment

tried part 2 but did nort see any + sign
            Oops. That was how you do it in V6. In V5, double-click the top of your product tree (bundle of money icon) and choose Properties. Rest is the same as above.

How can I put a notice to shoppers advising them in their early check out stages
            You could put the text into Act_Order00.html. Same idea as above. Make a Custom Property (say SHIPFREEMSG) but try putting it near the top. E.g.

change the 1st

<P><P>

to

<P>CUSTOMVAR:SHIPFREEMSG<P>

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X