Barcodes, order processing and Parcelforce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Alex,

Just back after a few days away. What type of scanner did you get - Wand or Hand Held?

I spoke with Jan recently and it should be very easy to knock up a little program that scans the email address, ordernumber and parcelforce tracking number and the send this along with a standard message independent of Actinic or Outlook / Outlook Express.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Aby
      Thanks for your reply smiffy. Did you use crystal reports to get the bar code onto the delivery note? I currently use the data entry report for address labels, so it may be an idea to have the bar code appear on the address label. I think I would need crystal report for that?
      You would need Chrystal Reports to modify your own report. I have attached am example of my data entry so you can see whats possible - You are welcome to a copy of it if you wish.

http://www.flowertastic.co.uk/sample.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
        Hi Alex,

Just back after a few days away. What type of scanner did you get - Wand or Hand Held?

I spoke with Jan recently and it should be very easy to knock up a little program that scans the email address, ordernumber and parcelforce tracking number and the send this along with a standard message independent of Actinic or Outlook / Outlook Express.

Norman
        Telll us more Jan......

Comment

I have a couple of exchange students here helping!!
          They are writing a small shipping database in access. This will query the information from the main catalog.mdb in actinic to populate an e mail and then use a macro or similar to e mail them. It will also copy the info into the new database so we can search it from any machine on the network. We will probably add a feature to mannualy enter info so that the new database can hold info from non actinic orders.

Hopefully this should mean one barcode scan and the job is done and we will have a proper shipping database to search.

Norman: The scanner i have bought was a more expensive laser version, it can scan at long range and big barcodes (as a wand can) see http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=2NJB

I am also using wasp fontware+ which Jan thinks will work fine.

FYI the 128 barcode font does support special characters such as @

Comment

Hi Gary,
            Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of your modified data entry report?
            I am just getting into this bar code thing and your report would really help me out, I do not have crystal reports.

Would I also need to install a bar code font?

Any help appreciated

Simon

Comment

Alex has some programmers working for him to write the software to manage the dispatch. I am just looking into changing the report. I might make this one a freebie next month - a packing list with a barcoded order number on it, email me at jan@mole-end.biz if you think this would be of use to you. If enough people are interested I will do it if I can.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I have just taken a look at the Free 3 of 9 font and it is brilliant, so we will write the reports - I am gong to add two new barcoded fields to the dataentry report, invoice report and packing list report, the first will be the invoice user defined field (so that you can info you need barcoding there - eg tracking numbers) the second will be the Actnic order number. I am only going to do this for V6 initially but write other versions if there is a demand for them.

Comment now if this isn't quite what was wanted.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,

If you add in a bar-coded customer e-mail that would allow dispatch departments to send an e-mail independently of Actinic as they'd have the Order number, E-mail address and Tracking number (from the parcelforce or whatever sticker) all to hand in the post room.

I would then add to the pot by making a little freebie Delphi program that takes the scanner input and sends an "Order Dispatched" e-mail.

Norman
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The 3 of 9 font doesn't have the @ character, would it be any use to have the email address on there without that? (It has letters, + . / and %).

Regards,

Comment

3 of 9 isn't specific about which symbols are included but if you type @ it puts somethings barcody up, can I email a sample to you to see if it works OK? (I have assumed that you have a scanner, if you haven't I can ask someone else).

Regards,

Comment

Oops didn't think I had posted the first comment, sorry to contradict myself, but the docs didn't say that @ was included but then I noticed that they said a number of symbols were included and decided to try @ out.

Cheers,

Comment

Parcelforce Online a Great Hlep

You can now get a web-based parcelfoce system. You access your parcelforce account online ,manually enter addresses of customers , just put in postcode and house number, it autofills address OR upload your address book (addresses of your customers) to your parcelforce site.

print out parcelforce info on a blank A4 sheet fold , put in plastic envelope provided by parcelforce.

I am sure that Mole End or someone else will soon latch onto this so that this can all be done automatically from actinic?

press button
                          data to your parcelforce account including service selected (48/24, etc)

prints out your address lable and end of day manifest for driver.

Apparently......soon - parcelforce will e-mail us and/or customer to say delivery arrived - within 8 minutes of customer receiving and signing for it a greathelp if you sell to larger organisations , when we get calls to say package not here !! but it was signed for 3 hours ago by a receptionist 6 floors below !

Sam

Comment

I am sure that Mole End or someone else will soon latch onto this so that this can all be done automatically from actinic?
                            We have looked into doing this on a couple of occasions, one of the companies was quite keen on the idea of a link to Actinic and promised to set up an account for us and send us details of the software, unfortunately I am still waiting for the details to arrive - 18 months later. Perhaps I should have chased it up but I took it as a sign to leave well alone instead.

Regards,

Comment

Fantastic new access tracking database is up and running today.

Basically the database queries catalog.mdb for customer info using a barcoded order number that Jan has added to our packing list. You then scan the tracking number and it generates an appropriate e mail (based on the type of service) and notifies them of the despatch.

For non web orders you can manually type in the surname, postcode and then scan the tracking number.

All this info goes into a second database on te machine in the despatch department which can be read from any machine on the network.

Seems to be working a treat.

Comment

Working...
                              X