User input Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User input Dimensions

I'm building a site for a blinds company and they are wanting the swatches pages set so that the user can input the dimensions. That I have done, but my problem comes when I want to carry this data over to the checkout page. The dimensions from the previous page are not on this page, how can I do this.

the URL for this is:

http://www.majorsubmitter.com/acatal...lfloral_1.html

Help

Thanx

Well you're using a lot of JavaScript (looks like it's based on some of mine) to put these bits of info into the Other Info Field.

The Other Info field won't display in the Cart unless you put something into the Other Info prompt field in the Product Details / Prompts page. Could that be it?

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Not sure. I still kinda new to actinic so I'm not that certain. Anyway, I did get the width and depth from a reply that you sent one of our guys some time ago:

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...6&goto=newpost

I made the template that created the width / depth, but that's as far as I got.

What I'm after is the width / depth input from the swatches pages to be carried over to the checkout page. Is there anyway of doing this without the use of the prompts - other info?

If there isn't a way, what would you say the best way to do this is.

Thanx for the help

Devilman

Comment

Just go to that example product "Floral Beige" you mentioned above and in the Prompts field put "Dimensions". Do an site update and see if it works now.

Also another way of doing this would be to have 2 attributes Width and Depth. Give them each a range of choices (in say cm) that covers all the sizes you would sell that item in. This will probably be rather a long list of choices but it's easy to copy and paste them to subsequent products.

Norman

Comment

Had ago at doing that, but I'm wanting the data that the user inputs on the large swatch page, to be carried over onto the checkout page. There must be a way of implimenting this so that I don't have to use the other info in the prompts box.

I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for the user but also keeping the look of the site.

Thanx

Comment

The Other Info IS carried over into the Cart and Checkout pages. Try using the Other Info Prompt in a normal product and you'll see.

Also the alternative idea of having drop-down lists wfor width and height will also show the selected choice on the Cart and Checkout. Again just try it on a normal product.

Norman

Comment

Hi, again,

I seem to be running round in circles here, i understand that you can have the 'dimensions' typed into the prompts - other info box, giving you an input field after you have added the item to the cart, however, that's not what I'm after.

I want the customer to be able to see the values that they have inputed into the width / depth boxes on the product page in the description on the cart page, so that they can confirm before checkout.

I appologise if this was not clear before, but I am still quite new to Actinic.

Thanx agin

Comment

Ah. I see the problem now. Your using the wrong section type - so no prompts e.g. Other info / Quantity, etc display on the Product Page.

Make sure the Section you are using is set to type "Quantity on Product Page". Just double-click the Section and look in Layout (if you don't have a Layout tab then click Advanced first).

Norman

Comment

Working...
                X