Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

import data (update.csv) error after 6.1.4 upgrade

Hey,

I'm getting an error on updating catalog through import. Import fails gives the following error:

"An unexpected error occured while trying to carry out the import.
    Please check your settings and try again."

What settings? It started after I upgraded to the latest version.

PS: I also tried importing everything, not just prices. I got the same error.

BK

Actinic has got pretty good error-reporting for importing. Select the 'Make a list of lines that fail to import?' box on the last screen of the import wizard and you should get an explanation as to the problem.

Comment

Chris,

It was already checked, and that "fail" file contains nothing each time I try.

It still gives me the same error.
      BK

Comment

My only other suggestion is to try going to 'Housekeeping | Compact Databases' and see if that helps Actinic to function correctly.

If that does not do anything, then you need someone to test your import file.

You could either zip up your import file and attach it to this forum (but I understand if you don't want everyone seeing your product range) or you can register an email support question at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm as the team there can test your file and find out what is happening.

Comment

Same Problem - unexpected error

Hi, I have been importing products without a problem from Sage Line 50 into Actinic using Link, when all of a sudden it fails to import and I get the following error - "An unexpected error occured while trying to carry out the import. Please check your settings and try again."

I haven't changed any of my settings and have compressed the data in sage & Actinic. Any ideas please? I'm Using Actinic Business V.7

Comment

Guy

Could you attach the import file to the thread here. I am curious to know whether I will get the same error.

Comment

Chris

I have narrowed it down to one product. If i delete this particular product (DES-1200M) from sage, the file imports ok. Also, this product has an "advanced Link" set up on it, which seems to be the cause, because when I turn it off everything works fine! So, I have resolved this by turning off the "advanced Link" on the original product that is updated by Sage, but activate the Link on the product duplicates and it is fine.

I have attached the file as requested, in case you still want to look at it;
              Thanks

Regards
              Guy.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm.. thanks for this. I'll ask the Development team to take a look at it.

Comment

Im getting the same problem too.

Please help, im getting the same error also and I have tried all the things suggested in the previous posts above, I dont know what else to do.

Its wont even make an error page for me to view the problem, please can anyone help??

Thank you

christopherpiperwines.co.uk
                  skatewarehouse.co.uk
                  progrow.co.uk
                  cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Hi Angie,

One thing to check, is to see if you are running the latest version of Actinic Link? To check this, simply go to "C:\Program Files\Actinic Link\Sage Line 50" and find a file called "versions.ini"

The lastest version should be v2.1.2 ENDA, which can be downloaded here.

If you are running the lastest version, then try again to compress and reindex the sage database and try the link again.

Just to recap, are you having problem with importing the sage datafile in Actinic? Please could you advise

Kind Regards
                    Nadeem Rasool
                    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                    X