Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Upload problems

Hi,

I am trying to upload a site and for some reason it just isn't working.

When i upload the whole of the catalogue site disappears and then slowly re-appears as the stuff is uploaded. When complete, none of the search system works or the add to cart.

I at first thought that this might be due to some changes i'd made through the import of the database via csv files - although everything looks fine in preview.

I have even tried loading up the site from a completely new installation of Actinic with an old ACD file which worked fine before and still no luck/

The problems seems to be with scripts not loading up - apparently only 9 out of 26 files are present in the cgi folder. It is a real pain as the site is quite big (There are 3525 files altogether using 137Mg data) and the message only appears at the end so each attempt is taking me an hour and a half.

Does anyone have any ideas, i must admit that i am starting to panic a bit!!

i have noticed this as well

quite a few times...my usual solution is to ftp to your server, delete the files in the cgi-bin and then in actinic go to Web>Refresh website...this normally allows a clean upload.

Whilst your site is then refreshing, when it gets past the uploading of the scripts and starts uploading .cat files and your html, jpgs etc, you can see if there are 24 script files up in your cgi-bin with your ftp program, if there are, you can allow the refresh to continue, if not, you can cancel the refresh, delete the cgi-bin files, and try again.

Another method, is to manually upload all .pl and .pm files that follow the format, ss000001.pl (four or five zeros in them) and not the searchscript.pl kind that are actually names...from your site1 folder to the cgi-bin, then click upload in actinic (not refresh) and see if that allows the upload to complete naturally.

ps. can i ask are you on a windows server, i wonder if this is only affecting windows servers as not many people seem to get this error.

best

steve q

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for that.

We have a temporary reprieve as the site was uploaded from the original designers computer successfully.

However, the problem is still there for uploading myself.

In answer to your question, we are actually uploading from a single PC with direct broadband connection.

The computer runs Windows XP and we had the Norton Firewall turned off just in case.

Will let you keep you up to date on any developments.

Cheers

Andy

Comment

Steve's advice about refreshing should work so they are worth a try.

Comment

Working...
        X