Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Download

Hi,

I am upgrading from Catalogue V5 to V6. I want to use the digital download feature - does this come with V6 or is it an extra you have to purchase?

We sell music and sound effects CDs - and I want to start selling the individual tracks as digital downloads. E.g - someone wants the sound effect of a Tornado Fighter Jet but doesn't want to buy the whole Aircraft SFX CD.

I want them to be able to search for the sound - audition it - and then download it.

I don't know how to set up the search facility and also the problem is that a potential customer could steal the sound from just the audition? Or if it was a Real Stream, or a Windows Media file, could I prevent them from saving the file?

I think I may need a bit of help to set this up. So any advice welcome! If someone here thinks they could set it up - I'd be interested to have some idea of a fee.

Thanks,

Jono
    Bath UK
    www.yopo.co.uk

I had to ask for the Digital Download version but don't think I paid any extra for it.

You would have to dub the audition sound say with a "COPYRIGHT" voice half way through to make stealing it useless.

Hope that helps.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Digital Download is available as on optional module with Actinic Business and Actinic Developer. It does require a different license key than the standard Business or Developer key.

Comment

with sound effects you need to have a lo-quality version for preview.. perhaps with occasional noise over the top to prevent it being used for commercial purposes.

The problem is then though that any decent editor will be able to remove the noise.. so you have to be careful.. perhaps using white noise in steps or stages for each preview (far more difficult to remove).

i was going to set up an online sound effects site some time ago after working in the field for several years.. but i didn't do it for technical reasons. I''ve given up the idea now but it would be good to see how you eventually get round the problem.

adi

Comment

Working...
        X