Editing the Customer Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing the Customer Email

Can anyone advise me how edit the customer order confirmation email. I have recently installed the SmartDecision Loyalty Scheme and although the discount reflects in the total amount paid the email does not actually show the discount. I would like to try and include this and perhaps clean up the layout. I would also like to include any referers that may be relevant. Although this would be more for my benefit than the customers.

Mark

You can edit the email templates from the template manager (misc tab), but the easiest way to do this is to go to an order and create an email, there is an edit button at the top right of the screen that allows you to edit the template, make the changes you need and then save it, you can the select the email again and you will see your changes in the email - you can cancel the email when your changes are complete so that you don't create unsent emails for the order you were using.

The Smart decisions loyalty scheme records the amount earned for an order in the user defined field on the invoice address so to display this value in the email you need to add NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEUSERDEFINED to the email.

A lot of the information in the email is generated by the Actinic program, for example, the delivery and return address information comes from the program and so the formatting cannot be changed.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

email formatting

Hi Jan,
      You are extremely helpful as always. Thank you.
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X