Body Template Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body Template Problem

I have built a specific body template to be used on only certain Product catagorys but the default template keeps on showing in the html document.
    If I change the Act_ProductBody.html then it changes for every catagorie, I can't seem to figure out which part of actinic to change the default in......
    If this is not possible then I could set up a different Act_Primary page for each catagorie but I was trying to avoid that method.

Hope someone can advise.
    Regards.
    Glen.

Hi Glen

I'm afraid you can only have one ProductBody template in your store. The templates you change by section are Primary, SectionLine and ProductLine.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

In addition to this, although it is not possible to have different Act_ProductBodys for different sections, it is possible to add all the content from Act_ProductBody.html into Act_Primary (in place of NETQUOTEVAR:BULK).

This then allows you to have different overall layout templates for different sections of the store.

Comment

Body Template Problem

Hi Chris

I am experiencing the same problem. I need some explanatory text on one of my product pages but definitely not on the other!

Having read your response to this thread I have tried out what you say in terms of putting the content in with the primary template instead of NETQUOTEVAR:BULK. However, this still puts the text in both pages. How is it possible to have different overall layout templates. Are you saying it is possible to have different primary templates and assign them to pages?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Nats

Comment

Nats

If all you are looking to do is add in some explanatory text, I would create your text as a product at the top of the section, and enter your text into the description field.

Then change the 'Product Layout' (in the 'General' tab) to "Description Only - useful for inserting messages".

Comment

Dear Chris

The simple solutions are always the best! Thank you so much for your help.

Regards

Nats

Comment

Working...
            X