Kelkoo feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kelkoo feed

Are there any plans by Actinic to create a Kelkoo feed from Catalog.

There are a lot of people requesting it, and a csv file can be created from the Froogle feed. I don't want to create an automatic program to do this if actinic have it on their wish list.

I've had a lot of people asking me for this as well - no plans to write anything here.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I'll add it to the wish list, but there are no plans to include this in v7 at the moment.

Comment

We did look at this possibility, but found it to be too difficult to implement at the moment. Unlike Froogle, Kelkoo do not have one standardised spec. for all their feeds. They have different requirements according to the type of product being sold, eg for books they want the author, ISBN no. and one or two other items. As Actinic does not have standardised fields for this type of information, we would have to add support for all of them into the product before we could provide them in a feed.

Kelkoo's main competitor, Dealtime, did tell me verbally that our Froogle feed should be suitable for their entry-level submission; but I have not tried this out in practice.

Bruce Townsend
        Actinic
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Here's how to create a basic feed to Kelkoo from the Froogle output file

Within Actinic, File Menu, choose Export Froogle Feed (you must be using 6.1.4 upwards). Actinic will then create a txt file which you will have to edit before uploading it to Kelkoo.

1 Open the txt file in Excel. Remove columns E, F, G and H

2 Edit the price column (D) to format to 2 decimal places

3 Sort the spreadsheet into price order, remove all products priced zero and spaces (this will remove all info products etc)

4 Use Column E to create a unique offer id that Kelkoo requires. Type 1 into the top cell, type 2 into the next cell down, now drag all the way down the column so that you end up numbering each product with a unique number from 1 to the bottom of the column.

5 Remove the top lines of the txt file so that the spreadsheet starts with the first productline.

6 Inset 2 rows at the top of the spreadsheet

7 Copy this text "#type=BASIC" into row1 (without the quotes)

8 Label each column as follows Col A url, Col B title, Col C Description, Col D price, Col E offerid

9 Save the file, this is your upload file for Kelkoo

Comment

Forgot to say, I'm not going to create an automatic feed for Kelkoo.

Its too much like programming which I no longer do. I prefer to concentrate on hosting and template work.

Comment

Jo

Im attempting to give this a try, just one question. With the price column all the prices are ex vat, will Kelkoo add this or do I need to run a formula?

James
              http://www.skatewarehouse.co.uk/

Comment

you will need to apply the VAt calc to the column

Comment

Kelkoo feed (froogle)

Hi

I have spoken with kelkoo and the froogle feed is fine for them on what we sell all i have to do is delete the top two lines.

But here is my question is there anyway i can get the shipping charges for each weight put against each product added to the report as generated from the froogle report
                  (each product has its own weight ?)

I am using business v 6.1.4

Thanks
                  Martyn

Comment

This is not possible I'm afraid. You would need to manually add the shipping charge into each row in the file.

Comment

Working...
                    X