Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Template Editing Software

Hi All

I want to be able to edit the Actinic Templates and see from browsing the forum that the most recommended software to do this is Dreamweaver.

My question is this -

As an additional £400 for dreamweaver MX is a bit beyond my budget at this time, is there a cheaper but still user friendly alternative that will allow editing without making automatic changes to the source code (as I understand is the problem with say using FrontPage)?

I realise that Notepad itself would do but my HTML knowledge is not what it should be, and time is a problem for me.

If there isn't a cheaper alternative would an earlier version such as Dreamweaver 3 (purchased from ebay?) still do the basic editing that I have in mind?

Any suggestions as to software or where to purchase it from at good price would be most welcome.

Thank you in anticipation of your advice.

Cheers!

Jonti

P.S. Pls feel free to send me an e-mail directly with your recommendations

if you can get a copy of Dreamweaver 4 , Not MX or MX2004 this would be sufficient for your needs.

I recommend dreamweaver 4 as dreamweaver 3 didnt let you see the code whilst you edited and this can really help you a)understand the html being used and b) help you to not break Actinic's particular tags.

I have tried other webeditors such as front page, firstpage (free), and adobe golive etc and found none to be as useful as d/weaver 4.

just my tuppenth worth, although i hope some more opinions are going to come in, i am permanently needing a free or low cost alternative to dreamweaver that our customers could use...

steve q
    harlequin domains

Comment

Working...
    X