Menu System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menu System

Hi people, really close to finishing an ecommerce site for a client, the only problem I have is that the menu system takes far to long to load, Im using Actinic Developer v6 and Nortree for building the menu, you can see for yourself how long the menu takes to build here, the client has seen the menu system and really liked, trouble is I shown them the menu without all the links (which increased the files size) I have been in touch with the developer of norTree but had no joy with speeding it up, does anyone know any other menu builder's out there that intergrate with Actinic?

Lee

Your main problem is that you've set the site up with around 900 sections. I think you've got a section per product. That means that the Actinic created arrays of section names and URL's are 63K and 124K each in size. So tha's 190K to download just to show your sections. If you used the full Actinic section structure that would be even bigger.

The simplest solution would be to group products together and have far less sections. Just put all the strings and sets for a particular instrument together. It might also make better business sense to show them together. If I'm buying an A string and the other strings are on the same page I might just decide to have some of them too. For example I always buy more D strings for my guitar as they break most often. So even if I was ordering a set I'd probably choose a few extra D's as well.

Also you're using V6 and this allows you to have a single add to cart button paer page, so you customers could choose which of the set of strings they want and in the quantities they require and buy the lot with one click.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman, were now implementing the new menu system that you suggested which I agree seems like a better and faster solution. However, were having problems trying to implement the one 'add to cart' button for multiple products on a page. Any suggestions? Would components be the answer?

Here's the link of the site so far (with the new edited menu system implemented within Violin >>>> D'addario >>> Golden Spiral Solo)

Lee

Comment

Working...
      X