Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Info

Hi

Is it possible to move were the “Other Info Text Box” is placed on one of my sections.

Regards

Pat

Hi there

If you have set your shopping mode to Quantity on Product page, so the other info is with the products, then you can move this.

Simply go to "Advance | Template manager"
    If you got a picture view, please click on change view

Click on "Sections" tab, then click on "Product Line" button

Here is will open notepad, to move the other info prompt, simply move the variable "NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT"

Save the changes, and exit, then preview your store

Hope this helps
    Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Info

Many thanks

Pat

Comment

other info

Originally posted by Nadeem
        Hi there

If you have set your shopping mode to Quantity on Product page, so the other info is with the products, then you can move this.

Simply go to "Advance | Template manager"
        If you got a picture view, please click on change view

Click on "Sections" tab, then click on "Product Line" button

Here is will open notepad, to move the other info prompt, simply move the variable "NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT"

Save the changes, and exit, then preview your store

Hope this helps
        Kind Regards
        Hi anyone,

I have my shopping mode set to Quantity on Confirmation Page, therefore, am I to assume I cannot move the Other Info Button

I'm having terrible problems with the Other Info Button. I know it's a simple process, but I am really fighting with this.

I want an image; I can get the image to show, but it is directly over part of the description of my product.

I also tried without the image; just text and can't even get that to show up at all.

I have tried every Layout under the Exended Information Tab portion of Product Details

I am at my wits end, for something I know is so simple. Please help!

Thanks,
        Bonnie
        www.bonnies-gift-shop.com
        Unique Gifts & Home Decor
        Retail/Wholesale/Drop Shipping
        www.bonniesgifts.com
        Gift Baskets Gift Ideas Unique Gifts
        Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

You are having problems with the 'Extended Info Link' rather than the 'Other Info' prompt. It helps to make the distinction for other people that may be reading this later.

First of all, is there a URL we can look at to see the problem for ourselves.

Secondly, the variables for the 'Extended Info Button' and 'Extended info Link' are NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINK and NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTON. The placement of these is controlled with the product layout template (e.g. Act_ProductLine.html) rather than the Extended Info Page Layout Template (e.g. Act_ExtendedInfo.html).
          I also tried without the image; just text and can't even get that to show up at all.
          This should be a link that appears at the end of your full description.

Comment

extended information

Originally posted by cdicken
            You are having problems with the 'Extended Info Link' rather than the 'Other Info' prompt. It helps to make the distinction for other people that may be reading this later.

I'm very sorry. I didn't know there was an 'Other Info' prompt. Where is that and what does it do?

First of all, is there a URL we can look at to see the problem for ourselves.

http://www.agiftislove.com/acatalog/...e_Holders.html The first item on page

Secondly, the variables for the 'Extended Info Button' and 'Extended info Link' are NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINK and NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTON. The placement of these is controlled with the product layout template (e.g. Act_ProductLine.html) rather than the Extended Info Page Layout Template (e.g. Act_ExtendedInfo.html). This should be a link that appears at the end of your full description.
            Since I have my shopping mode set to 'Quantity on Confirmation Page', can I move them?

The text link does not appear at all.

Thanks
            Bonnie
            www.bonniesgifts.com
            Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

Bonnie

The placement of the extended info link and extended info button have nothing to do with the shopping mode you have selected for your site. You can move the variables I mentioned around within the product layout template with no problems.

How have you set up your 'Extended Information' tab for the problem products? What have you got selected under 'Display By'?

Can you please ket me know a URL I can look at to see the problem products.

Comment

Extended Info

Hi Chris,

It's working now

Thanks,
                Bonnie
                www.bonniesgifts.com
                Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

Moving Other Info

Chris,

Just FYI: My site is not showing as Quantity on Product Page right now. It is showing Quantity of Confirmation Page. However, when trying to resolve this issue, I did have it set to Quantity on Product Page

I have been moving the Other Info variable - "NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT"- all around in Design/Advanced/Section/ProductLine.html and cannot get it to go where I wish.

Can you look at http://www.agiftislove.com/acatalog/...ses_Boxes.html

I want the Other Info to go directly under the last shipping method (Express)

Can you help me figure out exactly where to put it?

Thanks so much
                  Bonnie
                  www.bonniesgifts.com
                  Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

First of all, you need to go into the 'Layout' tab of this section and change the 'Shopping Mode' to 'Quantity on Product Page'.

In your Product Layout template (e.g. Act_ProductLine.html) you need to do a few little changes.

Change
                    Code:
                    <Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS>
                    to read
                    Code:
                    <Actinic:ACTIONS>
                    NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS
                    NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT
                    NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON
                    </Actinic:ACTIONS>

Comment

Working...
                    X