Moving to a Domain environment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to a Domain environment!

I currently have Actinic Developer v6 installed on a Windows 2000 Professional PC.

I have just added this PC to my Windows 2000 Domain, and thus have a new user profile on this machine and I can no longer run actinic. I get an error message about not being abke to find the "Original" folder.

Obviously the files are still present in c:\program files\actinic etc etc.

If I logon to the PC using the old local administrator account then actinic works ok, but if I login onto the PC with the domain account Actinic is unhappy. The Domain account is a member of the Local Admins group too....

Should I just reinstall actinic on top of itself as the new domain account?

Hi there

Actinic at present only works with the current user, in which it has been installed by. You cannot use other profiles i'm afraid. The reason is because when you install actinic on a pc, it installs into the current_user registry, there is where the data is kept.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

So how do I fix this? Can I just reinstall actinic as the Domain user, or will this loose all of the sites and settings?

Thanks

Comment

Hi there

If I logon to the PC using the old local administrator account then actinic works ok
        Thats the fix, to use actinic on which user you have installed it on. If you want to use Actinic on other profile, then you will need to first go to the old local administrator, backup your sites. Once they are backed up, remove actinic from there.

Go to your new profile, install actinic, then import your site here.

Actinic only works with 1 user currently.
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Moving to a domain environment

There's one more option, if you're friendly with your domain administrator.

Have them log into your machine with administrative priviledge, and grant YOU (as an authenticated domain user) full access to your c:\program files\Actinic... directory and everything within it.

It'll save you the hassle of a re-install. And, if you know exactly what you're asking them for, they tend to be nice about it.

Comment

is this any different with version 7?

I'm about to upgrade from V6 and into a Windows XP Pro on a 2003 Small Business Server environment.

If I have to then i'll create a generic actinic user.

Comment

Hi there

At the present, it is still the same. So you would need to create a generic user. However the developers are looking into this for a later version

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
              X