Other Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Info

Hi recived this reply yesterday. Please see the question at the bottom of the page.

(If you have set your shopping mode to Quantity on Product page, so the other info is with the products, then you can move this.

Simply go to "Advance | Template manager"
    If you got a picture view, please click on change view

Click on "Sections" tab, then click on "Product Line" button

Here is will open notepad, to move the other info prompt, simply move the variable "NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT")

Is it possible to move this to an other template that looks after the component & attribute parts, if so can you tell me which it is. The reason I am asking is I can move the "NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT" but not above the “ADD to CART BUTTON and below one of my component & attribute parts.

It may be that I am asking to much.

Regards

Pat

Hi there,

Is it possible to move this to an other template that looks after the component & attribute parts
    As I comprehend this is not possible as the components and attributes are grouped with the 'AddtoCart' variable, which is within the Act_Productline template.

If you would like set the placement of the OTHERINFOPROMPT underneath the ADDTOCART button then you will have to use instructions from the Advanced User Guide section title 'Changing the Way Product Variants are Laid Out' (page 18) which ungroup the 'components, attributes and the add to cart' and then you will be able to place the 'OTHERINFOPROMPT' beneath the 'AddtoCart' button.

Hope this helps
    Thank You
    Menar Khan

Comment

Other Info

Thank Menar

I don’t think I have made my self too clear. I have or can replace the OTHERINFOPROMPT but I would like if possible to place this above the 'AddtoCart' button but below one of my attributes.

Is this possible or am I asking too much.

Regards

Pat

Comment

Hi Pat

This is possible, but as Menar has mentioned, you will first need to separate the attribute and add-to-cart button because by default they are grouped together using one variable. The instructions for doing this are in the AUG.

Once the component/attribute and add-to-cart button are separated, you can move the OTHERINFO place holder between the two.

Ben
        Ben Popplestone
        Ecommerce website software

Comment

Other info

Hi Ben

Many thanks for that, I think I am very scared to do too much messing about with the variables as I have done quite a bit of work on my site and I don’t want to mess things up to much.

Once again many thank for your help

Regards

Pat

Comment

If you have Components then you will be unable to use the AUG info on Custom Variant Layouts as there is a bug in Actinic (not fixed in 6.1.4) that prevents these custom layouts working.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Other Info

Hi Norman

Thanks for that I thought I had put the code in wrong and spent 3.5 hours re checking it and re checking it. It was sending me mad.

I maybe should have asked you in the first place.

Regards

Pat Kirkland

Comment

Working...
              X