puzzling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

puzzling problem

i'm creating a template which displays some text includes just below the product.

I've pasted the relevant template code below. My problem is that a large white space appears beneath the product and whichever include i have as the first beneath the product doesn't appear. I've checked the integrity of the includes, they seem fine and display properly - as long as they are not the first include in the list! Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

NETQUOTEVAR:FORMBEGIN
    <A NAME="top">
    <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=RANDOM VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:RANDOM">
    </A>
    NETQUOTEVAR:HIDDENFIELDS
    NETQUOTEVAR:HIDDENINPUT
    NETQUOTEVAR:BULK
    NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE needlework_includes/6_customer_comments.txt
    NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE needlework_includes/6_relevant_links.txt
    NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE needlework_includes/6_productdetails_promotions.txt
    NETQUOTEVAR:FORMEND

The code looks fine.

I suggest that there may be some HTML at the bottom of the code bought in by NETQUOTEVAR:BULK (from Act_ProductBody.html?) which has an unfinished table or something that causes the first include to be be screwed into nothingness. When you view the source, is the code from the first include there, or not?

Also, try adding a blank line before the first NQV:INCLUDE.

Comment

Hi Chris

i looked at the code as you suggested and can see all of my includes in the page source.

the cause of the problem seems to be the code I placed Act_ProductBody.html in order to enable mulitple column layout
      on some but not all pages. (See Knowledge base Ref: 365)

When I replace the modified Act_ProductBody.html with the original it solves the gap problem described above (but introduces other layout issues.)

Includes used elsewhere on the page work fine - it just seems to be those placed directly beneath the product bulk.

Any suggestions?
      Ta

Comment

I just implemented Norman's code on my test store and put an nqv:include in under NETQUOTEVAR:BULK as you had done, and it works fine for me.

Without seeing the content of your nqv:includes, the only thing I could suggest that is causing the issue is the fact they reside in a sub-folder within Site1. As a test, try copying them into your 'Site1' folder and change the reference to them in the overall layout template.

The other suggestion is to have as dummy blank nqv:include as the first nqv:include in the list.

Comment

Hi Chris

You are right. It is not the javascript that is the problem but my includes following the closing form tag.

I had them set as follows and it breaks the page

<table class="details_footers"><tr>
          <td>
          <br>If you like this you may also be interested in the following:<br><br>
          <ul class="emailfriend">
          <li><a href="#">ACCESSORIES > Lamps & Magnifiers > The Daylight Company > Mag Lamp</a>
          </ul>
          </td></tr></table>

I wonder if i need a closing tag first or begin with <tr> or <td>.

how did you code your include?

Comment

hi again chris

this seems to work if i put the BULK in a table - let me know if you know of any issues of doing it this way....

ta for your help

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;"><tr><td>
            NETQUOTEVAR:FORMBEGIN
            <A NAME="top">
            <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=RANDOM VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:RANDOM">
            </A>
            NETQUOTEVAR:HIDDENFIELDS
            NETQUOTEVAR:HIDDENINPUT
            NETQUOTEVAR:BULK
            NETQUOTEVAR:FORMEND </td>
            </tr></table>
            NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE rugmaking_includes/6_customer_comments.txt
            NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE rugmaking_includes/6_relevant_links.txt
            NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE rugmaking_includes/6_productdetails_promotions.txt
            </td>
            </tr></table>

Comment

Working...
            X