Component Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component Issue

Seems that i have a small problem with components.

On certain products that have components and sizes it seems that if a customer does not add a component when it is ordered it does not show the size required in the basket, at checkout or when printed?

I know about the problems with copy and paste but this happens when i cut and start again as new product?

Appreciate help on this as its annoying i have to phone customers to ask which size they choose.

Thanks

Paul

Have you made the component optional? Do you have a tick box before the drop-down that could potentially not be selected? If a customer does not select a component then none of the attribute/choice details within the component will be added to the shopping cart either.

Comment

I have done all i am supposed to im sure i have.

With products with choices its fine, just when a component is added (not all) some when ordered do not show the size the customer has chosen unless they add a component with it.

Strange little bug?

Paul

Comment

Are you using a custom layout for your choices? I.e. NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABELn NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTORn. There is a problem with these and components (even in 6.1.4).

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Customised layout component problem

Does anyone know if this component problem with customised layouts has been fixed in version 7?

Regards

Niall

http://www.highlandclans.co.uk
          Niall
          www.highlandclans.co.uk

Comment

Yes. I'm pretty sure it's on the Fixed List in 7.0.1.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman,

Thanks for that. I see that it is now fixed in 6.1.5

Using NQV:VARIANTLABELn and VARIANTSELECTORn for laying out attributes separately will now include the component information into the HTML. Ref: a_c/1321
              By the way, your menu is great. We owe you.

Niall

http://www.highlandclans.co.uk
              Niall
              www.highlandclans.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X