Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoice Address

Hello,

I'm having problems with my invoice address appearing in the deliver address field in my check out.

My site is a B2B site and the nature of the customer is such that all invoices go to a standard invoice address. I have Actinic set up to always use this invoice address, but to allow the user to enter a separate delivery address. In the 'use-case', the user is prompted in the second phase of checkout to enter this address (and the corresponding 'save this address' button etc...), and this delivery address is reflected on the reciept and on the order.

Strange thing is, it seems that the first time a new user visits the store and enters a new delivery address, the reciept (and subsequent ) is correct i.e. separate & distinct invoice and delivery addresses. On the second and all subsequent visits, however, even though the user is prompted for a delivery address, the receipt (and order) revert to the invoice address; it discards the delivery address. If it didn't prompt the user for a delivery address, I'd think it was a setup issue, but it prompts the user then discards the input.

Thanks
    Steve K

Hmmm

Have not been able to replicate this on my test store. Are you sure you are ticking the "If you want to ship the purchase to an address other than the invoice address, check this box:" box at the start of the checkout? Also, have you made any changes to the checkout templates?

Could you give us a URL with a username and password to play with?

Comment

Yes, I've messed around with the templates a bit, but was pretty careful in any moving/alligning of the invoice address/delivery address netquotevar fields.

I changed the reciept page (checkout 04). I also moved the 'email address' field to the top of the page on checkout 3. Again, I was pretty careful in how I did this, but maybe I overlooked somethig. I still find it odd, though, that it would work the first time and then get messed up on subsequent checkouts.

I'd like to send you a URL and user/password, but I'd like it to somehow not be posted here. Can you supress it?

Thanks
      Steve K

Comment

Email them to me at communityadmin@actinic.co.uk and I'll take a look.

Comment

Thanks for sending the login details, but I still cannot replicate your error.

I logged on, placed an order and checked out. I entered a custom delivery address and it showed up fine in the receipt.

I then logged out and logged back in again and did the same and again it had my correct custom delivery address.

My second order number was AL155210000134. I didn't get a record of the previous one, but I guess it is AL155210000133.

Comment

Thanks for trying it out.

Comment

Re: invoice address etc

Hi, we are having the same problem.

we are getting the right invoice address but its putting in the Buyers name and email etc, this is not how it should be.

Also our delivery address is correct but its using the name of the account name, instead of the buyers shortname e.g

it should be delivered to bob (head of cummunications) but instead we are getting deliver to bob (cheif exec) (cheif exec is the account name).

We've found this with multiple buyers associated with an account, each buyer is a head of dept and needs to have thier job title (in our case its 'short name') conencted to the delivery address. And the Account which has only the invoice goes to should be the name of the account contact and their name (e.g. account name)

Also the invoice address has the buyers email addy not the invoice email etc.

At current our buyers can enter a new address (this is a requirement - Have requested a wish list for there to be an item which shows buyers default address and allows them to enter a new one, current option lists all addresses associated with the account, which is somehting we do not want) if they so wish or select thier current one, however it seems as though actinic does not seem to remember this. We tested it a number of times with different logins and still had the same problem.

Hope this makes sense, if not please ask.

kind regards

p.s. Does anyone know if the next version may have the ability for buyers to change thier passwords (maybe thier contact details too) on the website etc??? e.g. a profile page. Just a thought.
              Mel Bagley
              Programmer
              mel@kc3.net

KC3 - Actinic GOLD reseller

Comment

Hi Mel

There's quite a few different issues in that post, so I'll attempt to deal with them one at a time. The first thing I should mention is that this is a different prblem to the one experienced by 'skelly'.

First:
                we are getting the right invoice address but its putting in the Buyers name and email etc, this is not how it should be.
                I can see this on my machine, and I agree that this is rather strange. I guess you want the main contact details there. I will report this to the development team as a bug. In the meantime I suggest you remove the variables from Act_Order04 that are bringing these incorrect values in. The variables are: NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEPHONE and NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEEMAIL.

Second:
                Also our delivery address is correct but its using the name of the account name, instead of the buyers shortname
                This is standard behaviour. The address 'Short Name' is only used to help distinguish the different addresses. It is the main 'Account Name' which is actually used in the paperwork (i.e. the receipt and reports) for the delivery address. I suggest you use the first line of the address as the job title.

Third:
                however it seems as though actinic does not seem to remember this
                Correct. This choice is not retained in the 'Remember Me' cookie. I'll add this to the wish list for you.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, i must admit i did not read all of skelly's initial post as i presumed it was the same (shall read all in future before i add to the post).

Yes i would be gratefuly if you could inform your dev team of the strange things and add the 3rd item to the wish list.

Many thanks
                  Mel Bagley
                  Programmer
                  mel@kc3.net

KC3 - Actinic GOLD reseller

Comment

The problem with the buyer phone and email details appearing in the 'Invoice Address' area will be fixed in the next major release.

Comment

Working...
                    X