Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Section & Sub section text

Hi,

I'm importing an excel CSV product list and need to have descriptive text for both section AND sub section. I'm trying to find out how my excel sheet should be formatted to achieve this.

Say we have france as a top section then burgundy as a subsection of that then white/red as final sections.

i.e. France|Burgundy|White

I need to import text for the section description of burgundy in this example but on import currently the section description gets associated with the final white/red sections.

Thanks for your help,

mac
    Stephen J McEldon

You can import rows in the import file that just define sections, and don't contain any product data at all.

So you can define a row for 'Burgundy' (with no products in it) before defining rows for all the sections that contain products.

Also, you only need to enter a description for the section the first time the section appears in the import file. Subsequent rows for products going into the same section do not have to include the section description text.

Comment

Not working

I've been trying to set this up too.

Could you please elaborate where to put the sub section field during the import (mapping) in order to create subsections. I create sections with all the products under each section, but can't get the sub sections to create.

Comment

Answered here

Comment

Working...
        X