Netquotevars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netquotevars

Can't these be accessed on brochure pages?? Search and navigation for example?

Leo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I also need help here: http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=5824

I succesfully put have the search working but, the cart value (NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEVALUE) and cart items (NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEITEMS) do not display properly:

I have:
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actiniccore.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

in the HTML head section and

<script language="JavaScript">document.write("&nbsp;&nbsp;NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEITEMS&nbsp;" + getCartItem(3)+"&nbsp;");
    document.write("NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEVALUE&nbsp;" + getCartItem(1));</script>

in the HTML body section.

Does any of you know what could be the source of the problem?

Thanks for your help

Leo

Comment

Your JavaScript looks OK. Try looking at your page in Netscape 7 (go to Tools / Web development / JavaScript Console) where you'll get MUCH better JavaScript diagnostics. Without an error message it's hard to help.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi NormanRouxel,

I don't really get a javascript error but the NETQUOTEVARS don't seem to be 'parsed' this is the output on the brochure page:
        NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEITEMS 0 NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEVALUE 0

here what I have in the catlog page:
        Items: 0 Value: 0

Should I use the same technique as for the searchbox? i.e. look into a fully generated page and get the js with NETQUOTVARS names already 'parsed'?

Thanks for your help

Leo

Comment

Got you now.

Some NETQUOTEVARs don't work on Brochure pages.

Just dump the NEYQUOTEVARs and put in the text "Items:" and "Value:" instead. The values should be OK as the cookie holding them is available everywhere.

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

THANKS A LOT Norman, I will be able to sleep tonight

C you around

Leo

Comment

Working...
            X