Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Level Section List

Hi All,

nearly completed my 1st site using Actinic. (Might get some sleep soon!!)

The final thing I need to complete is to replace the Automatic Top Level Section list that appears in the left hand column with a table with custom roll-over buttons.

I have made this change in the Act_Primary.html and this works fine in the main catalog pages. However, these changes are not carried through to the individual section pages.

Can anyone offer advice on where I would need to apply the necessary changes?

Any help would be much appreciated

Brian Hitcham

However, these changes are not carried through to the individual section pages.
    Do you mean the brochure pages? i.e. the pages outside the catalog?

If yes I think the NETQUOTEVARS are not 'working' outside it but there are some workaround. You need to open a fully generated html page and copy and paste your section in the Act_BrochurePrimay.htm to get it to 'simulate' the navigation.

Hope this is right and will help.

Leo

Comment

Hi Leo,

thanks for the reply. I've used straight html for the brochure pages.

It's actually the catalog product section pages where I'm having the problem

I've replaced the toplevelproducts actinic script with a hard coded table containing rolloever button for side bar navigation to fit the look and feel of the site.

I want to hard code this new navigation into all the product pages within the catalog.

Cheers

Brian

Comment

I have made this change in the Act_Primary.html and this works fine in the main catalog pages. However, these changes are not carried through to the individual section pages.
        Are you using a different overall layout template in different pages in your store? This is set within the 'Layout' tab of a section.

Go to 'Advanced | Template Manager' and click 'Change View' (if necessary) so you are looking at the grey tabbed view. Go to the 'Section' tab and click the 'Other' button under where it says 'Primary'. This will list all the alternative overall layout templates your store is using. Make sure your custom code is in all of them.

Comment

Hi Chris,

all is now well. Thanks for the reply.

Only the changes to some of the pages showed in preview mode.
          When I uploaded them they worked site wide.

Cheers

Brian Hitcham

Comment

For a HTML newbie, what is the easiest way to make Roll Over buttons for the Top Level Section List?

Comment

Originally posted by jk358
              For a HTML newbie, what is the easiest way to make Roll Over buttons for the Top Level Section List?

For a "Newbie" you should always search this board before asking quetions...duh.

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...llover+buttons

Once again, already answered.

Comment

Working...
              X