Multiple values associated with a single property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple values associated with a single property

Hi, in the properties window i can assign properties to the products, but what i'd like to know is a single property can have multiple values assigned to that product e.g.

Property = Car Colour

value 1 = Black
    value 2 = Yellow
    value 3 = Green

Obvioulsy i cant add in 2 properties of the same name, so due to them needing to be shown on seperate lines within the Car Clolour box (on the website - once uploaded) How can i get value 1 and value 2 in the same property window, but split on seperate lines on the webapge??

All the properties are set as custom variable, they are also used in the search facilty as multiple choice items.

Any queries on my explanation please ask and will try to re explain. If anyone knows how, then i would be truly grateful.

Kind regards
    Mel Bagley
    Programmer
    mel@kc3.net

KC3 - Actinic GOLD reseller

You can put HTML into a custom property. E.g.

Red<br>Green<br>Blue

Will display on the product page as

Red
    Green
    Blue

However this will not help in your Searchable Properties as "Red<br>Green<br>Blue" will appear in the list.

I'm guessing that you want your customers to be able to choose a main and some alternative colours. It may be better to use the OR capability and have 3 separate properties. E.g.

First Choice, Second Choice, Third Choice. You can have the Any option in the Second and Third choice.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Re:

The search has the colour properties in it also other items such as engine size, intertior etc, which all have multiple values like colour.

We need to make sure we can search on these items, and there are quite a few values per property, so i'd imagine each value as custom peroperty would look nasty.

Any other thoughts, welcomed.
      Mel Bagley
      Programmer
      mel@kc3.net

Comment

You could put in 'Colour' as an attribute, with all the colours entered as choices within that attribute.

That way, you could so a search for 'all the cars (or whatever) available in green' - and Actinic would find all the products where 'Green' is entered as a choice within the 'Colour' attribute.

Comment

Re: choices

if we were to have 1 dummy product with all the values available to the products, inside it as attributes and choices, instead of duplicating the attributes and choices for each product, is there a way of linking a product to certain choices (multiple and singular choices) and actinic will knows what associated with what and popultates the web page accourdingly, if this is not acheivable, can it be put on the wish list as it would make it easier to assoicate products with choices, than duplication which could contain errors?????

Also is there a way of getting the attributes to be as a list not as drop down or radio buttons. They are not be selected in the main product screedn its just to show what catergories they fall into etc
          The only way i have found is by putting in html in the description window, this would certainly not be practical for our users.
          Mel Bagley
          Programmer
          mel@kc3.net

Comment

Hi Mel

I don't really understand the first part of your question.

If you have no attributes displayed for any of your products then you can edit the variant layout templates to hide the variants.

Use radio buttons for the 'Colour' attribute and then change Act_VariantRadioButton.html to read:

<!-- VariantRadioButton HTML begin -->
            <!-- This template is used for a product variant radio button. -->

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="NETQUOTEVAR:ATTRIBUTEREF" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:CHOICESELVALUE">NETQUOTEVAR:CHOICENAME

<!-- This template is used for a product variant radio button. -->
            <!-- VariantRadioButton HTML end -->

This will then just place the choice names in the HTML, with no actual radio buttons.

The only side effect is the value of the last choice in the list will be added to the shopping cart. But if you make the last choice something like ' ' then you will get away with it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply for the second bit.

For the first bit i was just wondering, if instead of duplicating the attributes and choices for each product (all products have the same attributes and choices), how about setting up 1 product will all the attrubutes and choices (this product would be hidden from the website) and then was there any way of linking other products to attributes and choices of the hidden product.
              Mel Bagley
              Programmer
              mel@kc3.net

Comment

Now I understand. Unfortunately this is not possible.

Comment

ah, ok no worries, its a pity though
                  Mel Bagley
                  Programmer
                  mel@kc3.net

Comment

Working...
                  X