Going straight to the checkout after adding to cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going straight to the checkout after adding to cart

Hi i followed the instructions below as in the advanced user guide but when i reached the end and selected the custom variable in the properties section i had created, it wouldnt work and said i needed to set a value, what did i do wrong? any help would be fantastic

www.peaksensors.co.uk

This solution will take customers straight to the checkout after adding product to the cart from a
    page with a shopping mode of 'Quantity on Product Page' with a single add to cart button per
    page.
    1. Create a file called, for example, AutoCheckout.html in the site folder using a text editor such
    as Notepad.
    2. Insert the following lines...
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="ACTION" VALUE="Checkout Now">
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="CHECKOUTURL"
    VALUE="cgi-bin-url/os000001.pl?ACTION=Start%21" TARGET="_self">
    The phrase 'Checkout Now' must be replaced with the exact text as defined in Design | Text |
    Go to | Phase -1, ID 184 (Default is 'Checkout Now').
    The phrase 'Start%21' must be replaced with the encoded text as defined in Design | Text | Go
    to | Phase -1, ID 113 (default is 'Start!').
    'cgi-bin-url' must be replaced by cgi-bin URL as defined in Network Setup.
    Change os000001.pl to osnnnnnn.pl where nnnnnn is the CGI Script ID as defined in
    Network Setup left padded with zeroes.
    3. Go to 'Advanced | Custom Properties' and create a text Custom Variable called
    'AutoCheckout'.
    4. Next, double click the section that is to have this function, and go to the 'Properties' tab.
    5. Add a new row to the grid, and select the Custom Variable 'AutoCheckout'.
    6. Set the value to 'AutoCheckout.html' or whatever the file was saved as earlier.
    7. Untick 'Searchable'.
    8. Tick 'Use as CUSTOMVAR', 'File Name' and 'Use File Content'.
    9. Click 'OK'.
    10. Next, edit the template 'Act_SingleCartButton.html'.
    11. Insert ‘CUSTOMVAR:AUTOCHECKOUT’ anywhere in the template.
    12. Update the site and test

I think you mean http://www.peaksensors.com/acatalog/

I can see you have a shopping mode of 'Quantity on Product Page' for your pages. Which section has also got the 'Single Add To Cart Button Per Page' box selected, which is required for this technique to work?

Comment

Working...
    X