Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading from Catalog to Business?

Hi,

My client needs to upgrade from Actinic Catalog to Actinic Business to use certain options like voucher schemes. Part of the spiel on the website says that Actinic Business comes with an auto upgrader that upgrades from previous versions. Does this mean previous versions of Actinic Business or does it include Actinic Catalog?

Others may correct me but I don't believe that anything has to be "upgraded" when upgrading from Catalog to Business if you get my drift.

The upgrader does its work by bringing an earlier version upto the current version. What you would be buying is a new key that unlocks all the additional functionality of your current version. I believe that any template changes that you have made will remain unaffected.
    Chris Brown

Comment

Not confirmed but...

I thought it had been said, that V7 Catalog, might come with a voucher scheme/discount facility? I know it isn't confirmed, but it would be a shame to pay for an upgrade now, only to find what you need is available in the next release?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong! Maybe this thread is talking about actinic business?

See this thread:

Version 7

Comment

V6 business doesn't include any voucher schemes but does allow customer accounts whereby a customer needs to open an acount before they can access discounted prices.

You maybe need to be a bit more specific about what it is you're trying to do.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

The client is trying to set up a 10% discount for customers that come to him via certain advertising campaigns. Are the plugins for Actinic the only way to do this then?

Comment

With Business you can create price schedules (ie. a 10% discount) and customer accounts. I suppose that you could create an anonymous customer account and publish the username/password of that account in the advertisement. That's the only way I can think of doing it within the current capabilities of Actinic.
            Chris Brown

Comment

Yes, that's the way I think he wanted to do it. Pretty messy to my way of thinking but what they heck.

Comment

Working...
              X