Problem with Merchant Secret and World Pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Merchant Secret and World Pay

I am having a problem with one of my merchant accounts with world pay - it appears to be having a problem communicating with the web site. After each transaction I also get the following message:

This order has been charged to your customer's
    credit or debit card but an error occurred when
    notifying the web site.

Please look for order number JS54AF00000005 in the
    list of orders shown when "Pending Online Credit Card"
    is selected on the order window in Actinic Catalog,
    and manually make a credit card payment record
    (View Order, View Payments, New Entry).
    The order will now appear in the "Pending" list.

The notification failed for the following reason:
    Merchant catalog secret not set up

I have checked that all the world pay details are entered correctly.

I also have a site on the same machine using a different installation ID which works fine.

Any suggestions
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Sounds to me like Worldpay probably have something different for the secret key than has been entered in your catalog.

I'd suggest you get in touch with them and check what value they're using (or get them to re-enter it).

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

We have tried that and they have even set-up a new installation with a new key but I get the same result.
      www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
      www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Re: Secret Key

I had this problem and discovered that WorldPay had emailed me an erroneous Secret Key (one letter missing). So I advise you to talk to someone there (as I did) and spell it out letter for letter over the phone. Also, without wishing to state the obvious, make sure you haven't included any spaces at the beginning or end when copying and pasting.
        Good luck.
        Mark

Comment

Maybe someone from Actinci can asnwer this but I have just been told the following:

we have never tried to use the same installation Id and secret key for several actinic stores as we don not have Actinic software. You can try it or discuss it with Actinic technical support. Our development is currently looking into the way the Actinic shopping cart integrates our payment pages. We plan to redo the way callback is handled.

Can anyone see any reason why I have to use differetn keys for differetn store when I own them all?

Comment

If all the money is going in the same account then I wouldn't think there would be a problem. However, the interface is only tested by our QA team with a single site using a single account - we have not tested the scenario you describe.

Comment

Chris

Is it possible that there is problem with actinic running several different secret keys on one machine?

Comment

I wouldn't think so. Each site works independently of any others that are on the same PC. I've got no more ideas on this one I'm afraid.

Comment

Thanks anyway I will let you know if I encounter any problems

Comment

If you use the same data for each site then how would WorldPay no what site to send the order acnowledgement to.

When I used WorldPay they opened up different site info for each site at no extra charge and linked them to one major account
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

It seems to work okay as I have put through several test orders.

I was hoping to have different Keys for the different sites but only my main (the first one) works.

They have tried issuing new keys and I have double checked but still no joy.

Comment

Probably teaching granny to suck eggs but

Have you undergone the full test setup routeen that Worldpay requires, One department who issue the keys then pass you over to the site testers who when satisfied with both ends pass it OK and put it live.

Therefore the testing department or whatever its called may be the ones you are bypassing
                        Chris Ashdown

Comment

wcc errors

Hi

I have had the same problem for ages, we even changed hosting companies as we thought it was a problem with that!

Finally I was able to find exactly what the problem is caused by (Louise in t/s at Worldpay was the only one who new exactly what the problem was) - the email sent to me is as follows and explains that it WAS a Worldpay setup problem and not an Actinic issue:

"....I have updated all your installations with the correct details, please accept my apologies the issue was caused by a simple spelling error in the setup where "actinic-catalogue.secret" was added rather than "actinic-catalog.secret".

So if this is happening to you get them to spell the word catalog as in the american way and not the British way with the 'ue' on the end when defining your secret key!

Karl
                          www.movie-stuff.co.uk
                          www.filmmagic.co.uk
                          www.wholesalefilmcells.co.uk
                          http://www.movie-stuff.co.uk
                          http://www.zonzab.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that I will try again and mention this problem

James

Comment

Working...
                            X