Norcascade menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norcascade menu

I'm currently using the latest updated version of Norcascade. On the whole I am very happy with it, however my menu works using a 3 layer drop down system on one or two of my items and I can't find how to move the bottom menu (3) over so that it doesn't appear too far to the right. I'm sure there must be a simple answer to this.

I haven't looked into this yet, but can I also change the length of the drop down menus depending on which section I choose? i.e. My top menu says sweets this drops down to show Belgium chocolates, but on another heading ice cream the drop down shows the word mint, making the background box stretch to the same length as it did to cover the word Belgium chocolates on the first section! Can this be individually altered? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

You can set the size of the cells for each level of the menu. That's easy to do using the configuration program.

You can optionally set (for horizontally laid out levels only) that the cells will attempt to auto-size to suit the text.

If a level uses vertically stacked cells then you have to ensure that it's wide enough for all the text that might occur at that level. Remember that there usually are several sets of sections at each sub-level. So while one level 3 may only contain short words another may use longer.

Norman

PS. The DHTML bit (that does all the fancy stuff) was really designed for experienced JavaScript users who would hand-code all their sections. What I've tried to do with the NorCascade interface is to make it a bit more user friendly and automatic.

Also please remember that the DHTML bit isn't freeware. You are expected to donate something to Angus (http://www.twinhelix.com/ in New Zealand) who wrote this.

I posted one buglet on his forum and he was right back with the solution. He was aware of many Actinic users but he's, unfortunately, not seeing any donations from them.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Now that I have this set this up and can see what's happening, I agree that it's worth a donation and will contribute.

Comment

Working...
      X