Poss. bug in brochure fragment properties dialog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poss. bug in brochure fragment properties dialog

I should point out that I'm working in Business 6.1.3 here - not 6.1.4 - but I couldn't see this in the changelog for 6.1.4 so I thought I'd better mention it.

When a brochure fragment text field contains only escaped HTML !!< >!!, its contents seem to disappear sometimes when the fragment is opened for editing. Luckily this means the "OK" button gets disabled so it's only possible to "Cancel" out of the edit unless you type in the text field.

It doesn't affect the upload - the content is still present on the resulting HTML page on the web site - it's just not visible in the edit interface. In fact I've just done an upload to test this, and immediately following the upload, the content reappeared in the brochure fragment, ready to edit!

This seems to happen particularly with long content sections. I have a fragment which contains just under 10Kb of mark-up, which seems to be the worst-affected. This might be because I open that fragment for editing more often than others, though.

HTH.

Thanks for this Kevin.

I've seen it myself in the past, and reported it.

The way around it is to place all your custom html in a separate txt file in your 'Site1' folder (e.g. content.txt). Then put code similar to the following within the 'Text' field of the brochure fragment:

[INCLUDE] content.txt

That should do it.

Comment

I wasn't aware of the [INCLUDE] placeholder. Nifty, cheers.

Comment

Working...
      X