X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page loading questions

Hello

So, couple of questions...

1. When my pages load, the page is originally blue, before loading up my bg image. My template started out as 11 using the Night color scheme which had a blue bg. I have edited the colors and blue is no longer part of my design. Any idea where, how the blue keeps coming from (I frequently go into tools - internet options - delete files - include off line content in my browser so i know it is not in the cache)

2. my pages are made up of table which have a top bit, a middle bit, and a bottom bit, all with a seperate bg image. When the page loads, i often find that the table contents are there, but there is no bg image loaded. it eventually loads, but does not look too slick. Is there a way of delaying the loading times until more of the page is there, ie, the table displays when the content and the bg images are there. I guess when a customer has gone there once, the table bg images will be in their cache, but first impression an all...

3. re pt 2, given that i have a bg image (lots of squares), can i add a seperate bg image and position it where the content will load into. My design is 800 px wide and i have set it to the center of my browser. If I can do this (even white would be better) then it is not so much of a worry that when the table loads the content arrives before the bg.

Hope this makes sense. Take a look at http://www.fidelitydj.co.uk/acatalog/store_newin.html, that will proably demonstrate better than i have explained.

Thanks as always

Steven

Re 1:-

It's in actinic.css - you have the lines

/*body specific*/
    body{
    background-color:NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLORCSS;

and BGCOLORCSS comes from Design / Colours / Background. You can either change it there or just delete the line

background-color:NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLORCSS;

in actinic.css

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

Thanks for the reply (and at this time of day).

I <!-- --> the line background-color:NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLORCSS; out but alas this has not stopped the blue flashing up first. Again I deleted files in my browser so that it was not in the cache.

the full code I have for this is:

/*body specific*/
      body{
      <!-- background-color:NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLORCSS; -->
      background-image:url(NETQUOTEVAR:BGIMAGECSS);
      margin-top:0px;
      margin-right:0px;
      margin-bottom:0px;
      margin-left:0px;
      }

Took a look at the source code and did a seach for bg and it was not there. I got several #ffffff but none that were blue.

Double checked that in Design \ Color the blue was not there but no, it is not.

Any other thoughts.
      Thanks
      Steven

Comment

I'm not sure if commenting out workes withn .css files. Try deleting that line and see if that helps.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

if your bg image is lots of sqares you could make the image very small and allow it to repeat, thus your bg image with be less than 1k and much friendlier for load size.

Comment

Hi Norman / Joe

Deleting the line rather than commenting out seems to have done the job. Maybe not the right place for the question, but how come commenting out does not work for css files.

Re image, yes, I only have one image that from memory is 10px by 10px, which replicates across the page. Defo a good thing to do.

THanks chaps

Steven

Comment

Working...
            X