Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculating and displaying a value from product price

Hi,

I'm currently building a wine merchants site, and I would like to know if it is possible to use embedded HTML in order to display a calculated value that, in this case, represents the cost of a case of wine as opposed to the single bottle price.

So, as default I have the price of a bottle displayed on the product page, and using a combination of components and permutations, have set up the method of buying by a case or by the bottle. So far so good.

However, I would like to display the price of a case of wine on the product page as well. The cost of this case is calculated as (12*bottle price)*(0.95) i.e 5% discount.

The only solution I can come up with at the moment is to manually include the price in the product description text, but as this is likely to change fairly regularly I don't want to have to maintain it that way!!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

James
    Stephen J McEldon

I have a patch that does just that. Unfortunately it's not free so you'd have to contact me by e-mail if interested.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

If that's what solves my problem! Hope I'm not being thick, but how can I contact you off-thread?
      Stephen J McEldon

Comment

Just click the Profile button and all will be revealed.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X