Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search not working

Greetings all,

I am fairly sure that I am the only one on the board using Actinic on non-Germanic and non-Romanic languages.

I like the software and have been able to make Actinic working with Traditional Chinese. Now I am having some issues with search. Whenever I search for an item in English, the engine returns the correct results; however, when I start using Chinese, no result is produced.

The site being built has over 1200 DVD & VCD titles, so the ability to search is critical.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Edward

All the search terms are added to an index file called fulltext.fil. You will see when you open it in Notepad that it is pretty strange looking - and I'm afraid I have no idea how to alter it.

The thing to do would be to add your traditional Chinese characters into the 'View | Search Settings | Word Character Set' field, but I don't think they will be supported by the application.

You could maybe try adding them into the database - the character set is in the 'Checkout Prompt' table in ActinicCatalog.mdb. Search for 'abcde'.

Make sure you take a backup beforehand though.

Comment

Working...
    X