Add to Cart Error message overload!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to Cart Error message overload!!

I have two add to cart buttons on my site, one at the top and one at the bottom.

When a customer hits the add to cart button when no quantity value has been specified, an error message should show at the top of the page....

But, on my site I get two of the same error messages if the top 'add to cart' button is used and if they use the bottom cart button, I get three

This is also a problem if the customer has a Popup stopper activated on their computer and then try's to view the extended information popup....(Tasting Notes)

can anyone help with this?

Goto : http://www.tbwc.co.uk/acatalog/Onlin...ujolais_6.html

Have you changed any templates?
    Kindest Regards,

Ben Brown
    Web Developer
    Web on High Ltd.
    Email: ben@woh.co.uk
    Web: http://www.woh.co.uk
    "Web sites with search engine listings"

Comment

I have only added an extra add to cart button (NETQUOTEVAR:SINGLEADD) to the top of Act_ProductBody.html

Comment

You have 3 occurrences of "<Actinic:CartError_List/>" in your pages.

Two are usual. One at the top and an additional one where the Single Add to Cart button is.

As you've added an extra Single Button at the top that's why you're seeing 3.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

can the error message be suppressed on the top button?

Comment

You could try using

<INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" SRC="b_addtocart.gif" NAME="SINGLEADD"
            WIDTH="112" HEIGHT="23" BORDER="0">

instead of NETQUOTEVAR:SINGLEADD at the top.

This will make that button appear on all product pages (rather than conditionally if you have Single Add... selected). This may not be desirable if you have some pages that don't use the single add to cart layout.

Norman.

Comment

Norman

I have commented out NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORLISTXML which seems to remove the top error message on the Act_ProductBody.html page and this seems to work as I need it to.

Can you tell me if this would effect errors on other such as feature product pages?

Comment

If you have pages that don't use the Single Add then you may not get any error messages if customers select crazy quantities or prompts.

If all your pages use the Single Add then you may be safe.

Norman

Comment

Thanks Norman

All of my pages at the moment use a single add to cart button, so I think this will be OK for now.....I guess I will just need to keep an eye on this if I decide to use different formats in the future.

Comment

Working...
                  X