Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TopLevelSection Dropdown

Hi, Im wondering if someone could help me with www.bigballoons.co.uk
    This list on the left with all the products on i want to make it so the bit under valentines and ink are not there but when you select that section it drops down or something along those lines. Please help! thx

You could use the NorTree or NorCascade menu instead of that list. This would pop-up as meeded when you mouse over a section containing sub-sections. See www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html for info.

Also your site is VERY slow. It's still loading the mothers day page as I write this. Main reason seems to be that your images have very big file sizes. For example image "yourspecialflower.jpg" is 29Kb. When I re-saved this (using Paint Shop Pro and a compression factor of 25 which gives an almost identical image) the file size reduced to 6Kb. Pages would thus load about 5 times faster.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the quick response mate i will try that out now
      Regarding the images i think your right too having to change a few hundred pics is gonna be a pain in the ass eheh.

Comment

how would i go about changing the background colour of it to the same blue as i have on the left bar?

Comment

Many of the graphics programs have batch processes.

i use the one in Fireworks alot. This way you can set the process to go through all your images changingthe compression rate

Comment

If you don't have fireworks, you can download a trial version which should give you long enough to batch the ones you need. Also have a look at www.ulead.com as they have trial versions aswell

Gill

Comment

The freeware Irfanview also does batch compression. See http://www.irfanview.com/

Norman

Comment

I've got this working on act_primary pages but im having a problem with the act_brochureprimary with removing the javascript i have. Any ideas what lines i remove?

Comment

Nevermind ive sorted it only 1 more problem now when i make IE window small the left bad goes small while the box stays the same size thus looking stupid how do i get the bar to stay same size?

Comment

You could put a graphic 1 pixel high and as wide as you want that sidebar to be in that tablke cell. A transparent gif wouod be ideal or one the same colour as the cell background.

Also you've put the NorTree patches in the wrong place. You've put them after the </BODY> tag instead of after the <BODY...> tag. They seem to be working there but they will be the very last thing to load on your pages if you do it this way.

Norman

Comment

Working...
                    X