Uploading uploads old pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading uploads old pages

Having severe problems with an Actinic Catalog version 5.16 which I am updating.

For some reason it is uploading an old version of one section page, rather than the correct version.

The SITEHTML folder contains the correct version.
    The PreviewHTML folder contains the correct version.

I've tried emptying both the SITEHTML folder and the acatalog folder before doing a full refresh but the old page is still being uploaded.

I've tried compacting the database but that didn't fix it either.

I've tried 2 different browsers and emptying the browser cache

I've also gone into the shell on our server and checked the file in pico and it is the old version which is sitting on the server but it has today's date on.

Tried setting ignore Passive errors to on and off
    Tried setting Passive FTP to both on and off

Very annoying and very consfused.

It may be you have pages within the 'Site1` folder that should not be there.

There should be no HTML files within your 'Site1' folder other than the 'Act_*.html' templates and a file called 'BrochureTestPage.html'. Delete all others (or just back them up if you prefer.)

For good measure, also remove ALL files within your 'SiteHTML' and 'PreviewHTML' folders.

Comment

As a general rule I'd say only delete non-actinic HTML files in the site1 folder if you developed your own site and know which files are being used.

It's perfectly valid to have non-actinic HTMl files in your site 1 folder. A good example would be where your site uses non actinic HTML files for content.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

There some rogue copies of the old pages in the Site folder. I deleted these and the problem disappeared.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X